Chapter 5. Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT) and the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM) Study Notes contains 32 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Explain modern portfolio theory and interpret the Markowitz efficient frontier.
* Understand the derivation and components of the CAPM.
* Describe the assumptions underlying the CAPM.
* Interpret the capital market line.
* Apply the CAPM in calculating the expected return on an asset.
* Interpret beta and calculate the beta of a single asset or portfolio.
* Calculate, compare, and interpret the following performance measures: the Sharpe performance index, the Treynor performance index, the Jensen performance index, the tracking error, information ratio, and Sortino ratio.
After reviewing these notes, you will be able to apply what you learned with practice questions.Shop Courses