Chapter 5. Sample Moments Practice Question set contains 65 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Estimate the mean, variance, and standard deviation using sample data.
* Explain the difference between a population moment and a sample moment.
* Distinguish between an estimator and an estimate.
* Describe the bias of an estimator and explain what the bias measures.
* Explain what is meant by the statement that the mean estimator is BLUE.
* Describe the consistency of an estimator and explain the usefulness of this concept.
* Explain how the Law of Large Numbers (LLN) and Central Limit Theorem (CLT) apply to the sample mean.
* Estimate and interpret the skewness and kurtosis of a random variable.
* Use sample data to estimate quantiles, including the median.
* Estimate the mean of two variables and apply the CLT.
* Estimate the covariance and correlation between two random variables.
* Explain how coskewness and cokurtosis are related to skewness and kurtosis.Shop Courses