Chapter 6. Hypothesis Testing Practice Question set contains 39 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Construct an appropriate null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis and distinguish between the two.
* Differentiate between a one-sided and a two-sided test and identify when to use each test.
* Explain the difference between Type I and Type II errors and how these relate to the size and power of a test.
* Understand how a hypothesis test and a confidence interval are related.
* Explain what the p-value of a hypothesis test measures.
* Construct and apply confidence intervals for one-sided and two-sided hypothesis tests, and interpret the results of hypothesis tests with a specific level of confidence.
* Identify the steps to test a hypothesis about the difference between two population means.
* Explain the problem of multiple testing and how it can bias results.Shop Courses