Chapter 6. Credit Risk and Capital Modeling Practice Question contains 23 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Evaluate a bank’s economic capital relative to its level of credit risk.
* Explain the distinctions between economic capital and regulatory capital, and describe how economic capital is derived.*
* Identify and describe important factors used to calculate economic capital for credit risk: probability of default, exposure, and loss rate.
* Define and calculate expected loss (EL).
* Define and explain unexpected loss (UL).
* Estimate the mean and standard deviation of credit losses assuming a binomial distribution.*
* Describe the Gaussian copula model and its application.
* Describe and apply the Vasicek model to estimate default rate and credit risk capital for a bank.*
* Describe the CreditMetrics model and explain how it is applied in estimating economic capital.*
* Describe and use the Euler’s theorem to determine the contribution of a loan to the overall risk of a portfolio.*
* Explain why it is more difficult to calculate credit risk capital for derivatives than for loans.*
* Describe challenges to quantifying credit risk.Shop Courses