Chapter 2. Random Variables Practice Question Set contains 33 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Describe and distinguish a probability mass function from a cumulative distribution function, and explain the relationship between these two.
* Understand and apply the concept of a mathematical expectation of a random variable.
* Describe the four common population moments.
* Explain the differences between a probability mass function and a probability density function.
* Characterize the quantile function and quantile-based estimators.
* Explain the effect of a linear transformation of a random variable on the mean, variance, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis, median, and interquartile range.