Chapter 2. Random Variables Study Notes contains 20 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Describe and distinguish a probability mass function from a cumulative distribution function, and explain the relationship between these two.
* Understand and apply the concept of a mathematical expectation of a random variable.
* Describe the four common population moments.
* Explain the differences between a probability mass function and a probability density function.
* Characterize the quantile function and quantile-based estimators.
* Explain the effect of a linear transformation of a random variable on the mean, variance, standard deviation, skewness, kurtosis, median, and interquartile range.
After reviewing these notes, you will be able to apply what you learned with practice questions.
No Sample AvailableShop Courses