Anybody knows how long it takes for GARP to verify the work experience

orientao

for those who already sumitted the work exp. in the resume builder, has anyone of you received confirmation from GARP that "your experience has been reviewed and complete" ? I guess that is the date when you become a certified FRM and can use the title in the resume! that's a somewhat defining moment :) you can write in your resume like "Mike Harris, FRM", which is awesome I think. but before that we can only say "Passed FRM exam Full" :) :)

Can anyone shed some light on this? thanks a million!

lkuo

Although I received an email after posted my resume, which indicated my FRM certificate distribution schedule will be on April 15, 2010, last week when I was updating my personal profile on FRM website - it indicates my status as "FRM Holder". Please check your status online and let us know what it indicates.

jyee2001

I also passed and loaded my cv with min. 2 years of experience but my profile was not updated. Strangely, I did receive an email addressed to 'FRM holders' for solicitation of any questions for future exams/questionbank. Any successful questions will be paid $150 each ... any one else have similar experience? :)

orientao

Although I received an email after posted my resume, which indicated my FRM certificate distribution schedule will be on April 15, 2010, last week when I was updating my personal profile on FRM website - it indicates my status as "FRM Holder". Please check your status online and let us know what it indicates.​

Thank you Ikuo! I assume the Email you received serves as a confirmation that your experience is reviewed and complete? But don't you think it should indicate you as "Certified FRM holder"?

Below is the FAQ from GARP website.

What is the difference between an FRM Holder and a Certified FRM Holder?

A: An FRM Holder has passed the FRM Exam requirement but has not yet met the professional work experience requirement. A Certified FRM Holder has taken and passed the FRM Exam, has met the two year work experience requirement and has been certified by GARP.

lkuo

Hi, Orientao,

I do not think my received email serves as my FRM Certificate has been reviewed and completed. I guess we just have to wait for the notification. Thank you for pointing it out. Please see below FAQ from GARP.

When can I begin using my FRM Designation?

A: Once you have passed both the FRM Exams Part I and Part II, met the two year work experience requirement and received notification that your CV/Resume submission for your FRM Certificate has been reviewed and is complete. You do not have to wait until you have actually received the FRM Certificate.

RK17

bumping up this thread. Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the 2yr work experience to be verified? Thanks.

Aleksander Hansen

A colleague of mine took the ERP in November of last year. After receiving her results, she sent in the supporting documentation.
She received her certificate exactly one month later.
I would assume it's similar with the FRM.

Jas

In my case, it took GARP 5 working days to respond via email.
The certificate posting takes longer and they work according to a schedule.

Aleksander Hansen

Just to clarify, I was here referring to the time it took to receive the actual physical certificate [that you can hang on your wall or whatever].

FRM_Exam

I was wondering how many people over here have received a confirmation from GARP on the work experience. I submitted my CV on 10th July but am yet to receive a confirmation?

AlexB2011

I also uploaded mine on July 6 and still no news, but upon a further query I got a clarification that the email confirmation of work experience is enough to start using the FRM designation, no need to wait for the "paper" certificate to arrive. Congrats, btw :)

qin841121

I also uploaded mine on July 6 and still no news, but upon a further query I got a clarification that the email confirmation of work experience is enough to start using the FRM designation, no need to wait for the "paper" certificate to arrive. Congrats, btw :)
Hi, you mean after you uploaded on July 6, GAAP send you an email on a later date telling you that your work experience was approved (and your status change to certified FRM holder on member profile)?

AlexB2011

Hi, qin841121,
Hi, you mean after you uploaded on July 6, GAAP send you an email on a later date telling you that your work experience was approved (and your status change to certified FRM holder on member profile)?
No, I still haven't received the "confirmation" email, that was my point (3 weeks & counting). They did clarify, however, that receiving that email was enough to start using the FRM designation and didn't need to wait until the end of September for them to start mailing the paper certificates. My status already shows FRM holder on the member profile page, couriously. Thanks, Alex

Jas

Hi, qin841121,

No, I still haven't received the "confirmation" email, that was my point (3 weeks & counting). They did clarify, however, that receiving that email was enough to start using the FRM designation and didn't need to wait until the end of September for them to start mailing the paper certificates. My status already shows FRM holder on the member profile page, couriously. Thanks, Alex

That is correct. Physical certificates are mailed as per quarterly schedules.
Status will change to "Certified FRM" once the work-ex is accepted and one is accepted for the certificate.