Anyone else here having trouble sleeping because they keep seeing formulas in their sleep?

Sixcarbs

I am studying so much that when I go to sleep I keep seeing formulas. Sometimes they are correct, but other times they have nothing to do with anything. It makes it hard to get a good night's rest.

Burning the candle at both ends here.

Detective

You’re doing both parts in one go, right? If so, I can see that being stressful. I think it does require a good amount of work to get 90th percentile or higher on these exams. I take solace in fact GARP is a business/brand, and they are not going to make an exam that too many people cannot pass. My thinking is given reasonable prep anyone in the right line of work, should feel confident to pass an exam that has near 50% pass rate (albeit pool of candidates is self-selected).

In terms of sleeping, reading Operational Risk is akin to reading tax law. Hence I have no issues sleeping after few pages of Operational Risk.

Sixcarbs

You’re doing both parts in one go, right? If so, I can see that being stressful. I think it does require a good amount of work to get 90th percentile or higher on these exams. I take solace in fact GARP is a business/brand, and they are not going to make an exam that too many people cannot pass. My thinking is given reasonable prep anyone in the right line of work, should feel confident to pass an exam that has near 50% pass rate (albeit pool of candidates is self-selected).

In terms of sleeping, reading Operational Risk is akin to reading tax law. Hence I have no issues sleeping after few pages of Operational Risk.

Yes, both parts. Thanks for your thoughts.

I know what you are saying about a 50% pass rate and preparing, and having some related experience in some of the topics.

I just wish I started one month earlier. If all I had was this I would be in better shape, it's the rest of my life (wife, kid, work) that keeps getting in the way. We'll see soon enough.

When I look at the pass rates I think English as a first language is also a factor. As we know a lot of non-native speakers take this exam. I couldn't imagine preparing for an exam of this level in a second language, even if I was fairly fluent in it. It is a double hurdle for non-native speakers and my hat is off to those who take up the challenge.

I have been preparing exclusively here on BT. BT is the Navy Seals training of FRM exam preparation, at least that's what I keep telling myself. So I am hoping that when I sit for the exam on November 16th I may even feel it is easy compared to all of this preparation. I think that's the idea. I remember reading comments from someone who was practice testing at 90% on BT's competitor, then moved here and was at 10%. So I think those of us who trained under BT and Commander David have an advantage.

Now if I can just get a good night's rest without seeing formulas and questions.

I know you are taking part 2. Good luck to you Detective!