Continuing Professional Development (CPD)

Sidewinder

Subscriber
Hi all

I would like to know if someone took part in the CPD from GARP and could share some experience? Is it correct that you get at the end of the 2-year circle a letter with your Achievements and thats it? Dont know exactly but for me it sounds a little bit like GARP wants to hold his GARP Membership payers in the long run.

Thanks in advance for some insights.

Regards Alex

Arnaudc

I am currently looking at what activities I could take to complete the CPD program this year.
A couple of observations:
- Most of the interesting stuff is not free and requires you to pay thousands of USD (or hundreds for books) which is a bit annoying I think.
- There are free stuff worth a fair amount of credit (coursera , edx platform courses). These platforms are nice and I think this will be the way I will take
- There are some readings available but it's worth 1 credit and I assume this is going to be a pain to fill up the CPD this way...

Kind regards,

berrymucho

I am currently looking at what activities I could take to complete the CPD program this year.
A couple of observations:
- Most of the interesting stuff is not free and requires you to pay thousands of USD (or hundreds for books) which is a bit annoying I think.
- There are free stuff worth a fair amount of credit (coursera , edx platform courses). These platforms are nice and I think this will be the way I will take
- There are some readings available but it's worth 1 credit and I assume this is going to be a pain to fill up the CPD this way...

Kind regards,

Planning to attend 1 event/conference per year (company would pay). Other than that I think the readings are not that bad: 40 credits are needed and the cycle is 2 years. That's about 2 articles per month... I find it manageable (I see it as instead of 1 hour browsing the web I could earn a credit)...

On a humorous note, come to think of it, time spent browsing BT and participating in the forum should count as CPD credit...?! ;)

Last edited:

NNath

Hi, Checking the CPD status on the GARP website, some say they are not confirmed meaning in pending state. I got them by attending the some webinar, 1 even not real time and recorded. How and when GARP will approve the pending, do you know.

DesNewman

Hi,

I qualified as an FRM this year with the help of BT :)

I understood at the time that the CPD was optional. While I am always happy expanding my knowledge, I have now been getting emails from GARP that suggest that you have to renew GARP membership (which is costly) to submit CDP credits, and it doesn't sound optional anymore. I am battling to find information on this topic - please could you assist? :)

Also, apologies if this has been asked before - I searched the forums and couldn't find anything recent.

janicekg

My CPD submissions are confirmed even if I'm a non-paying member. Whether or not you submit, your certification still stays with you unless GARP changes the mechanics.

Last edited: