FRM Part 1 May 2020 - study partner / group Geneva (Switzerland)

frenchmarmot

Subscriber
Hi,

I’m looking for a study group / partner to keep motivated and ask / answer questions in the Geneva (Switzerland) area. I’m a french native speaker also fluent in English.

I’m already 2/3 through the quantitative analysis topic - which also happens to be my main background (econometrics and data analysis).

Feel free to get in touch if interested.

oa

Hi,

I am also looking for a study group, I live in Geneva. I'm also a French native speaker and fluent in English.

I have a background in engineering (mathematics, computer science) and also holds a master in computational finance.

I work in credit for an american bank here in Geneva.

I would be interest in taking the session of May or November this year.

Feel free to contact me,

Best,
Octave

Ovagold

Hi,
Would appreciate if anyone could explain or grant further clarification.
I was reading in the GARP material that in a swap, the entity that pays the varying price could lose if the price of the underlying asset drops.
I have tried to see how this pans out practically by attaching numbers to the example, but the answer i get is the opposite i.e. the varying price entity loses if the price of the underlying asset goes up way higher than that of the fixed price. The example given can be found on page 40 of the foundations e-book(the bear and metal subheading)

Thanks

Victor