Course How to Prioritize Practice Questions

Jul Jul

Hello,

I have opted for Bionic Turtle's study material for Part 2, mainly due to the positive feedbacks on the quality of the comprehensive practice questions. While I do believe that the best preparation entails solving the largest number of practice questions, it is honestly unmanageable and inconvenient for full time professionals like me. I am amazed by the number of questions for very topic over here. Practice questions for every 3-4 topics may exceed 120 questions, let alone the questions at the end of the learning objectives in the study notes. I do appreciate the result of a decade worth of effort into this, but it is really problematic and frustrating when it comes to managing time for practicing, while looking at more than 4,000 questions. Do you have any recommendations on how to select the questions that are most relevant to the exam? I would appreciate an answer from David or Nicole as well.

Thank you in advance.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @Jul Jul It's actually very simple: in each PQ PDF, the most recent (and therefore most relevant) questions are listed first. In this way, for each topic, you do not need to finish all the questions in a PQ PDF (and certainly most customers will never "finish"). You can work as many "from the top" as you like. Also, you do not need to do the Study Note EOC questions, they draw from the same database. Next week @Nicole Seaman can add more information ... Thanks!

Jul Jul

Thank you for your answer David! So is it somehow safe to practice like the top 1 or 2 questions out of the 4-5 or more questions for every topic? Aren't there topics that are much less relevant to others? Looking forward to what Nicole will suggest!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Jul Jul I do not have much more to add to David's response, as he really explained it well. I will add that our practice questions are titled so that it is quick and easy for you to see which year they were written. They are labeled with P1 or P2 (part), T1 (topic), and a number. The number represents the year that they were written. For example, 8xx = 2018, 9xx = 2019, 20.xx = 2020, etc. We retain all of our older practice questions as long as they are relevant to the current curriculum, but you do not need to go through all of them. As David said, you can just work on the most recent practice questions if you would like, and those are always at the top in the PQ PDF.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Thanks @Nicole Seaman The one thing that confused me here is "top 1 or 2 questions out of the 4-5 or more" when all of recent questions set comes in threes; eg. 901.1, 901.2, 901.3 .... so I assume that @Jul Jul refers to question sets (e.g., 901.X) rather than questions.

Append: okay Nicole explained to me that you (@Jul Jul ) must be referring to the top 1 or 2 questions per TOPIC (per PDF). I was confused because they are generally in sets of three (3 questions per set). But the answer is the same! Thanks,

Last edited: