Learning Spreadsheets Request

jairamjana

I haven't bought the Bionic Turtle Study Set yet. I am moving through all the concepts from the GARP Material and additionally the BT Youtube Videos by David Harper and they were really excellent as they helped me in understanding parts which I haven't been able to get through from the materials. I thank you all for providing such quality content.

I will be taking the May 2016 Part I exam and as I learn things faster from practical examples. I am very much interested in the Learning Spreadsheets only. That too only for Valuation and Risk Models subject. I don't know if that's askable but for Part 1 at least I should be able to manage with basic stuff and a few 100 practise questions and mock tests conducted. Conceptually I am hitting a block and I like testing out my understanding through actual life examples. That's where spreadsheets help.

But for Part 2 which I will write on Nov 2016 I am planning to buy the BT package as it's more qualitative.

Thanks!!

brian.field

Subscriber
The spreadsheets do help with enhancing an understanding of the material, in my opinion, BUT they are oftentimes not really pertinent to exam style questions.

jairamjana

The problem is I am not exposed to a risk related department and average knowledge of finance and concepts of VAR are alien to me. I got a basic grasp thanks to the videos that explain through use of spreadsheets. In my view thats the best way to go.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @jairamjana

Thank you for your interest in Bionic Turtle! At this time, we do not offer any of our materials separately. In order to gain access to the learning spreadsheets, you would need to purchase one of our Professional packages. I'm sure other members would agree that our Professional package is very helpful in learning the concepts that you will see on the FRM exam, as it includes the study notes, practice question sets, instructional videos, focus review videos and learning spreadsheets. When you purchase one of our study packages, you also gain full access to our forum, which includes daily discussions that have proven to be very helpful to FRM candidates. You can view all of our packages HERE. If you have any questions about them, please contact me at [email protected].

Thank you,

Nicole