One exam vs 2 levels

arnemartin

Hi there,

I did the full exam last year, and unfortunately I didn't pass. My plan was to do it again and if I wasn't too far off last year, I think I should be in good shape for the full exam this year. I'd just like to get it done by November and not drag it out into 2010.

Having had a look at the readings this year it looks like the full exam is going to be very very hard. Still I think if you put in the effort you can complete it this year and not have to sit for two exams.

Cheers,
Arne

troubleshooter

Hi Arne:
Sorry to hear about last year. I am also thinking of doing one exam as I do not want to drag it either. I have been reading that the exam last year was quite tough. From your experience, how much incremental course content has been added compared to the last year?

Thanks.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
NewTurtle - About the new exam, you might find this post helpful. I counted >50 new assignment reading (chapters not books) but <20 dropped for a net add of 30+ readings. We haven't seen the AIMs/LOs yet, but it is safe to say the 2009 has significantly more content in the net 30+ readings (and some of these new readings are quite involved; e.g., Gary Gorton) - David