Your blog entries?

sridhar

Hi David:

I am visiting your site after a while. In the old days (2008. 2009) you used to maintain a blog or a running list of some items (not forum, not screencasts) -- but things you've noticed in the current financial environment, interesting links to articles you may have read, books you've read and their reviews etc. Do you still maintain that blog-like thing? I can't seem to find it. It is thanks to your review, I invested in Carol Alexander's quartet on Market Risk Analysis and am enjoying it...I've looked and looked for your bloggie thing on your site, but can't find it.

--sridhar

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi sridhar,

Great to hear from you! Thanks for wanting to hear from me ... I do still blog every workday (see forum header or on the home page http://www.bionicturtle.com/ ). There are two blogs, How-to and Career Guide. The difference from 2008 or before is that GARP went to 2 exams per year, so currently while i am producing the core set of FRM tutorials, I only have time for two link curations (I do those each day; i.e., links to things i think are relevant) and one multi-part practice question (i guess that isn't really a blog, it's a practice question for paid members).

Actually, on some days, writing the daily practice question takes way more time than a blog (like today's on credit scoring, which is not an inherent strength of mine...)

After i finish the core videos, I plan to résumé some of the other blogging, but I'll probably still keep a priority/focus on the paid products. Plus, we are talking to a couple of people about helping. And we have a content syndication deal with investopedia.com, so that will bring more content (but i'm really trying to maintain high relevance and quality first...)

Hope that explains, i'll take any feedback?! Thanks for hanging around even after the exam, really appreciate it.

David