2013 FRM Calendar (Updated 8/15/2013)

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
We don't currently have a PQ set for Litterman. If it survives the early 2014 AIMs draft, I'll consider adding it to the schedule (it would not take long but it's an odd reading that is hard to quiz; I'll look at the DB, but I don't *recall* that it's ever been tested). Thanks,

EK

Suzanne/David, are you going to add videos for chapters 2 and 10 of Mortgage-Backed Securities, 3rd Edition by Fabozzi?

6Mil

Ironically (I checked 5 times, maybe it's me) I can't even find the Litterman 17 reading in the 2013 GARP-provided books. I bought them in July; if anyone else has found it, please let me know, but this may support David's point with regard to testability.

Suzanne Evans

EK,

We do not have plans of videos for Chapters 2 & 10 of Fabozzi at this time. If it survives the early 2014 AIMs draft, we'll consider adding it to the schedule.

Thanks!

EK

EK,

We do not have plans of videos for Chapters 2 & 10 of Fabozzi at this time. If it survives the early 2014 AIMs draft, we'll consider adding it to the schedule.

Thanks!
Hi Suzanne,
why do you think it won't survive in 2014? In your opinion, what will be the substitution for Fabozzi? I'm targeting to sit for Part 2 in May 2014, what learning strategy can you recommend?
Thanks,

Suzanne Evans

EK,

There is absolutely zero way of us knowing if it will survive and/or be substituted until they release the AIMS and Study Guide to us. If it is going to be substituted, there is no way of us knowing with what until that time comes as well.

Thanks!
Suzanne

Suzanne Evans

We are working to get these published as soon as possible. If not this week then next week. We apologize for the delay. Please keep in mind that the schedule is only a target.

Thanks!

rashed_du

Please update me about the following issues -
1. Whether focus review will be published for 2013 before November exam?
2. Whether video and questions will be published for current issues section prior to November 2013?
3. Whether there is any plan for mock publishing mock exam for part II prior to November 2013/

Suzanne Evans

rashed_du,
1) There are no plans for focus reviews before the November exam. The 2012 focus reviews are still relevant.
2) No
3) We already have Mock Exams available for both P1 and P2. Please see the study planner, they are titled: Mock Exam A, Mock Exam B, etc.

Thanks!

MJ2013

Hi, can't find question pdf for 1)model risk 2) enterprise risk management theory and practice from reading operational risk. :(

Suzanne Evans

MJ2013,

There are not PQ for Dowd, Chapter 16 or Noccko & Stulz at this time. I doubt we will get to these before November. However, please do utilize all of the other PQ as well as the Global Topic Review and the Mock Exams. If they survive the 2014 curriculum we will certainly entertain creating questions for those readings.

Thanks!

Aaron14

Hi Suzanne,

Can you please advise where can I find older videos of Credit Risk topic as there are not enough videos in the list?

Thanks
Aaron

Aaron14

It's that time of the year again. It's time to begin preparing for the 2013 FRM Exam.

In 2013, we are transitioning to a video for each key reading, such that during the first half of the year (i.e., before the May exam), we will only be publishing certain key videos. For example, Part 2, Topic 6 generally repeats from 2012 such that we will not re-record most of the essential Topic 6 material but only the certain new key readings. (In fact, for Topic 6, the majority of the 2012 videos are still applicable in 2013, as most of the AIMs are readings are unchanged).

This will allow us to build, by the November exam, a full library of videos (linked to readings) that is a more persistent resource. More importantly, this allows us to create higher-quality videos: rather that simply "read over" the AIMs, we can create shorter, more impactful videos. For example, the new T6 Tuckman videos are < 40 minutes (per reading) but generally, we think, will give you more effective coverage of the concepts.

Also, the 2013 FRM syllabus arrived late and with some complexity. These dates, before May, are merely target dates (and generally, with respect to the videos, they represent when we will begin new videos, not when we will finish videos).

As a reminder, we recommend that you utilize the premium study planner while you are preparing for the exam. If you have any questions during your studies or need clarification, please utilize our forum where David provides daily support.

Along with the contents in the calendar below, David writes fresh high-quality annotated practice questions daily through the work week.

Good luck in your studies!

September.png

October.png

Hi,
I don't find videos on Credit risk as mentioned in this calander. There are only 4 videos in Credit risk. Can someone please reply as I have been wondering and asking question on this since last week.
Thanks
Aaron

rashed_du

Please update me if you have formula sheet for part 2 2013. Because of massive change in syllabus, old formula sheets will not be applicable for 2013 candidates. Also, if you don't have one, can you please arrange to prepare a formula sheet for us?

Suzanne Evans

rashed_du,

This was not in our plans as we were trying to record ALL new videos for everyone. Instead, I am uploading some of the older videos where the curriculum did not change. Now that we will not have to record all of those videos prior to the November exam, we should be able to pull this off.

We will publish it ASAP.

David Harper, CFA, FRM, CIPM - Do you agree?

Thanks!

Basu

Subscriber
Hi Suzanne,

I am guessing that new P2 videos will be available only for the topics shown in the above updated calendar. If not, it would be helpful if you could tell for which P2 topics new videos will be recorded before Nov exam. Thanks for all your help, both David and Suzanne.