2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rblc

Hi All, is there anyone on the forum taking the test in France who would have any information? The situation is more than dire here and I see no announcement on the Garp website. The latest news do not look good at all.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi All, is there anyone on the forum taking the test in France who would have any information? The situation is more than dire here and I see no announcement on the Garp website. The latest news do not look good at all.
Hello @RajivBoolell

Unfortunately, we need to wait for GARP to begin making announcements for the November exams because nobody knows if there will e any postponements yet. With the October exam being this past weekend, they are most likely focusing on the November exams now, so we should begin hearing about any postponements soon I would think.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: OCT 27, 2020
DUBLIN NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Dublin to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

TORONTO NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Toronto to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

vinebills

Thanks for posting that Nicole .....as i expected it got moved to Jan but to be honest I am not sure if Jan too will happen.....March would have been ideal but well......we take life one at a time....

mattheweidinger

o I won't be switching the exam location. Too risky. All our provinces are experiencing increasing COVID infections.

I am thinking of switching to Toronto or proposing an alternative location far away from a "Red zone".

Regarding the above notice from @Nicole Seaman, I really wonder how wise it is for GARP to postpone the October AND November exams to the SAME date in January. CFAI is not able to hold December exams due to lack of willing personnel to act as proctors...even if venues are able to be booked and hold the candidates.

I wonder if this could be an issue for GARP as well and if there is any sort contingency. I know that a stack and roll hedge might look good in a GARP curriculum textbook, but it's damn frustrating for exam candidates! :mad::mad:

Sjegathe

Isn’t January the peak of the flu season, i really hope it takes place in Jan, i deferred my part 2 to May. At least i will get results in March and prepare for part 2 in May. Hope it works out as planned. Only way i can see this happening is booking off hotel rooms like how cpa did it.

vinebills

Isn’t January the peak of the flu season, i really hope it takes place in Jan, i deferred my part 2 to May. At least i will get results in March and prepare for part 2 in May. Hope it works out as planned. Only way i can see this happening is booking off hotel rooms like how cpa did it.

If you go to Garp's site - after the oct exam.....the first postponement was Toronto, tells you there are easily over 100 ( If i were to guess, at a min 500 ....CFA 5000 take, 10% for FRM is a good guestimate). I wouldn't bet on the exam happening in Jan, you are correct its peak flu season + holiday season + new years and if people go out like they did recently, the infections peak around mid Jan. Looks like you have a solid plan ....i would recommend to be ready with a contingency plan ( of the exam getting moved from Jan to March maybe? who knows if it directly takes us to May). My 2 cents. ( Yes it is very discouraging for those who have put in lot of efforts but i guess that is the very reason why this is called "pandemic" vs just an outbreak). Good Luck!

Sjegathe

If you go to Garp's site - after the oct exam.....the first postponement was Toronto, tells you there are easily over 100 ( If i were to guess, at a min 500 ....CFA 5000 take, 10% for FRM is a good guestimate). I wouldn't bet on the exam happening in Jan, you are correct its peak flu season + holiday season + new years and if people go out like they did recently, the infections peak around mid Jan. Looks like you have a solid plan ....i would recommend to be ready with a contingency plan ( of the exam getting moved from Jan to March maybe? who knows if it directly takes us to May). My 2 cents. ( Yes it is very discouraging for those who have put in lot of efforts but i guess that is the very reason why this is called "pandemic" vs just an outbreak). Good Luck!

You are correct, i was thinking of writing both on the same day, but i guess i have to study both parts as if the exams were to happen on the same day which is a real possibility!

DUBLIN NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Dublin to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

TORONTO NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Toronto to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.
Maybe I am confusing something, but october exam in some countries was postponed to Jan 16 and now I see some Nov exams also postponed to Jan 16. Don't they have different curriculums? How is that possible?

mattheweidinger

Yes, same curriculum in 2021 for 2020 delayed candidates.

Someone at GARP also told me that even if candidates are delayed further into 2021, they will still be tested on the 2020 books.

Sjegathe

Good news, but does that apply to people who deferred the exam to May? I think May 2021 exams may be based on the new curriculum!

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
POLAND NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Poland to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

Status
Not open for further replies.