2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattheweidinger

I just got a response from GARP in terms of the exam to be held in Montreal

View attachment 2950

I wonder if they are doing the "Hotel room" option. The CPA exams did this in Montreal and a few other cities - booked entire floors of hotel rooms off and had 1 student/room with the door open and proctors patrolling the hallways.

Has GARP given any indication as to how they are going to administer the exam as scheduled? What is your testing centre?

qingqingzhou

I wonder if they are doing the "Hotel room" option. The CPA exams did this in Montreal and a few other cities - booked entire floors of hotel rooms off and had 1 student/room with the door open and proctors patrolling the hallways.

Has GARP given any indication as to how they are going to administer the exam as scheduled? What is your testing centre?

No. They didn't give any other information. I am assigned to Sheraton Hotel. And I am from Ottawa, I just think that it is not safe for candidates like me to travel.

tstreit

Hi, anyone here attending Luxembourg exam next week and having some further information if it will take place as planed?
Many Thanks!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: NOV 13, 2020
NEW LOCATION ANNOUNCED FOR NOVEMBER EXAMS IN EDINBURGH, SCOTLAND

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Edinburgh, Scotland will still be administered on November 21, 2020, the Exams will occur at a different venue.

The new venue’s address is:
Hilton Edinburgh Carlton
19 North Bridge
Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
EH1 1SD

Candidates will need to reprint their admission tickets with the correct address and seat assignment by logging into my.garp.org.

UPDATE: NOV 13, 2020
IMPORTANT CANDIDATE INFORMATION FOR MACAO’S NOVEMBER EXAMS

To sit for the Exam, all candidates taking Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Macao on November 21, 2020 must complete a Declaration Form upon arriving at the exam site on their mobile device. Completing the form will take no more than 1-2 minutes and should be filled out digitally via the link above.

Candidates who do not fill out the form will not be able to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when you re-register.

vinebills

GARP moved many exams to Jan 16th.......probably didnt see this wave 2 coming.........come Jan we will be in the same boat as we are today.....

conanthebarbarian

Anybody thinks the November exam in Vienna will be held? GARP have changed the exam location twice and they never updated their Important Notices page or sent an email about it.
Today the government has introduced full lockdown. I hope they will confirm soon what they are planning to do with the exam...

tylerswob

Chicago now has a stay at home advisory beginning Monday November 16th at 6AM. Wonder what GARP will decide on this. I will have to call the hotel in the morning, given the new restrictions that will be in place now. I don't know if they will allow that many test takers in a room; or if we even qualify as an "essential activity" under the new guidelines.

Campaigner

An email was sent to GARP. There is no lockdown in Luxembourg. As you probably know, people are coming in for shopping and terrasse from the BE, and FR, so ...

Oh, I wouldn't give anything on their confirmation, since they pretty much can cancel last minute if they want, like they did in October. Or did you receive anything more than this generic email?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Everyone needs to please keep in mind that for the October exam, GARP announced the postponement of some exams very last minute (right up until the day before I believe). There is no way for anyone to know which exams may be postponed until GARP announces it officially on their website. Even if emails have been received, I highly recommend that nobody relies on that in case the situation changes. The situations in many countries are changing daily so I expect that there will be more postponements announced right up until the exam.

I am monitoring their announcement page very closely and posting any new announcements throughout each day. If you would like to receive notifications about the new announcements that I post in this thread, you can click "Watch" in the upper right corner of this thread and you will receive email notifications.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: NOV 16, 2020
IMPORTANT CANDIDATE INFORMATION FOR HONG KONG’S NOVEMBER EXAMS

To sit for the Exam, all candidates taking Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Hong Kong on November 21, 2020 must complete a Declaration Form. Candidates must print the form, complete it in its entirety, bring it with them on exam day, and give it to their proctor during check-in. Candidates will also have their temperatures taken upon arrival at their venue in accordance with the guidelines by the Centre for Health Protection.

Candidates who don't bring their completed Declaration Form and meet the temperature requirements will not be allowed to sit for the Exam.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
LONDON NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in London to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

mbbx5va2

LONDON NOVEMBER EXAMS POSTPONED TO JANUARY

Due to local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its November 2020 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in London to January 16, 2021. All candidates registered for November’s Exams will automatically be registered for January’s Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum. Candidates do not have to take additional steps to register for January.

That's shocking. The situation hasn't really changed since 5th November 20 (national lockdown) and if so they should have told us they are going to postpone if that was going to be the case. This approach wastes people's time / holiday for no reason. My GARP still shows 21st November to add to the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.