2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Has anyone in one of the delayed regions gotten an e-mail with further details or is it just the same as what is posted on the GARP website and copied by Nicole above?

Curious what Jan administrations could look like...GARP should manage its risk and adapt to the new probability distribution of outcomes in the new COVID-19 world...delaying perpetually for 2 months at a time is not a solution.
We (EPPs) didn't even receive any emails. We are just supposed to be checking the GARP update page also I guess. It doesn't look to me like they will be sending out any emails with further information. It sounds like they are just deferring those who were registered for those exam locations to January automatically. I wish I had better news for you! :confused:

UsedEconomist

We (EPPs) didn't even receive any emails. We are just supposed to be checking the GARP update page also I guess. It doesn't look to me like they will be sending out any emails with further information. It sounds like they are just deferring those who were registered for those exam locations to January automatically. I wish I had better news for you! :confused:

it is hard to go write an indoor exam for a whole afternoon with many other strangers sharing the same ventilation. Australia and Bahrain have much less severe Covid situation to handle than USA or Canada or Europe. Cannot believe GARP will proceed risking the health of candidates and proctors as most people in North America or Europe have not even been tested for the virus and that it can infect people in a symptoms-free way.

I have emailed GARP twice expressing my concerns and they never came back. Disappointing.

walli26

Has anyone in one of the delayed regions gotten an e-mail with further details or is it just the same as what is posted on the GARP website and copied by Nicole above?

Curious what Jan administrations could look like...GARP should manage its risk and adapt to the new probability distribution of outcomes in the new COVID-19 world...delaying perpetually for 2 months at a time is not a solution.

Fyi..it was confirmed to me by the staff at hilton (montreal) that all events held in their ballrooms for the month of october are being cancelled or postponed. It is currently illegal to hold such events until the 28th.

walli26

What a bummer...I hope that the third time is the charm and we can actually write the exam. Judging from the other delays since yesterday, January 16 seems to be what they are aiming for.
I guess they are waiting to release the statement in order to confirm/book the new date with the hotels..

firstplace

Max 10 ppl in toronto, i guess garp is weighing its decision.

thanks
I just called beanfield place, the person I spoke with said it's still going through as far as they know.

They said they still have permission to hold the event as there's no government restriction. This of course could always change. GARP could still decide to pull out, regardless of provincial/city restrictions.

Last edited:

firstplace

If Toronto goes back to phase 2 that might be the case. Currently we're still in phase 3. Schools are open with more than 10 people indoors.

UsedEconomist

I am still able to print my admission ticket for the Grand Salon Opera Room...Seat # 0018...

same here for Toronto. But i think their admission ticket was just pre-stored there as a program to be accessed starting today. They still have a good chance to defer the exam and they should IMO

mattheweidinger

same here for Toronto. But i think their admission ticket was just pre-stored there as a program to be accessed starting today. They still have a good chance to defer the exam and they should IMO

As a risk manager, I have to hedge my risk by both printing my exam ticket while it is available and continuing to study until I receive confirmation of cancellation from GARP.

Status
Not open for further replies.