2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRMJAM2020

Hi, I am from Malaysia and will be taking the exams on October, is there a deferral under consideration ? Given that the covid numbers in my country has spiked drastically over the past 2 weeks, albeit it being clustered.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: OCT 7, 2020
NEW LOCATION ANNOUNCED FOR OCTOBER HONG KONG EXAMS

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Hong Kong will still be administered on October 24, 2020, the Exams will occur at a different venue.

With the Hong Kong’s Department of Health temporarily using AsiaWorld-Expo as a hospital and specimen collection center for COVID-19 patients through December, our Exams will now take place at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre. The full address/room number is:
Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre
1 Expo Drive, Wan Chai, Hong Kong
Room Name: Hall 5BC

In addition, all candidates taking Exams in Hong Kong must complete a Declaration Form. Candidates must print the form, complete it in its entirety, bring it with them on exam day, and give it to their proctor during check-in. Candidates will also have their temperatures taken upon arrival at their venue in accordance with the guidelines by the Centre for Health Protection.

Candidates who don't bring their completed Declaration Form and meet the temperature requirements will not be allowed to sit for the Exam.

GARP is actively monitoring Hong Kong’s COVID-19 status and will continue to provide updates as the Exam date approaches. Please check back to this Important Notices center regularly for news or by following us on social media on Weibo, WeChat, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: OCT 7, 2020
SINGAPORE OCTOBER EXAMS TO OCCUR AS SCHEDULED

Contrary to a previous alert, GARP will be administering its Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Singapore as scheduled on October 24, 2020.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

evelyn.peng

Anyone tried calling the in exhibition place in toronto regarding the November exam? I've been told to contact GARP directly, I've sent them an email but awaiting a reply for now. However, on checking the CFAI institute, they've postponed the December exams for the 37 affected locations. I am guessing the same for the November exam? Any insights on this?
https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/programs/cfa/exam/test-center-update
I think we have til Oct 15 to change to a different exam site. Seeing both MTL and TO are likely to be continued hotspots, there is the possibility to switch to the Calgary location still. Alberta has restrictions for non-essential travels though so we could be stuck in quarantine and unable to access the exam site. We could call the exam site in Calgary and ask what the travel advisory more directly.

Eustice_Langham

Hello @Susanna3890

All of the exams that have been postponed are listed in the original post of this thread here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2020-exam-update-from-garp-updated-on-a-regular-basis.23454/. GARP is also posting all announcements here on their website: https://www.garp.org/#!/important-notices.
Maybe a hypothetical but if the majority of sites are cancelled/rescheduled to January is there a chance that the other sites will also be rescheduled to January?

mattheweidinger

I think we have til Oct 15 to change to a different exam site. Seeing both MTL and TO are likely to be continued hotspots, there is the possibility to switch to the Calgary location still. Alberta has restrictions for non-essential travels though so we could be stuck in quarantine and unable to access the exam site. We could call the exam site in Calgary and ask what the travel advisory more directly.

How do you change your testing center location? I don't see anything on my GARP dashboard for this. Only Defer exam.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Maybe a hypothetical but if the majority of sites are cancelled/rescheduled to January is there a chance that the other sites will also be rescheduled to January?
@Eustice_Langham

Unfortunately, we have no way of knowing this. There are some countries/cities that do not have a high number of positive cases so those countries are not likely to postpone the exams. GARP has stated that they will post all announcements about postponements on their website. They are not providing us with any additional information other than what they are providing to candidates. We are having to check their important notices on their website to find out about any new announcements that they make. Whenever they make an announcement, I will continue to post them in this thread.

Sjegathe

This is way too Risky!!!

evelyn.peng

How do you change your testing center location? I don't see anything on my GARP dashboard for this. Only Defer exam.

Under their FAQ, GARP says we have the option to change exam site in "My Programs". Here's the link: https://www.garp.org/#!/frm/frequently-asked-questions
I don't see the option to change testing site either. There is the option to click on "Email Us" if you would like to suggest a new test site; however, it is uncertain whether GARP will respond given the amount of emails they must be receiving from candidates.

Status
Not open for further replies.