2021 Exam Update from GARP (for 2020 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbbx5va2

So I was meant to take my exam in May 20, this was deferred to Nov 20, this is deferred to Jan 21 and it really looks like this is going to have to be deferred to May 21 in London. This is unacceptable treatment. How hard is to set up by CBT?

I am concerned that my 2020 materials will be out of date by the time I take the exam

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: DEC 17, 2020
NEW YORK, NY JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in New York, NY. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:
  • FRM Part I candidates: The Exam will now be offered between May 8–21 and will be computer-based. All candidates can select a preferred Exam date within this Exam window by logging in to the portal.
  • FRM Part II candidates: The Exam will now be given on May 15, 2021 via paper and pencil. All candidates scheduled for the January Exam will automatically be registered for the May Exam. There is nothing that you need to do.
UPDATE: DEC 17, 2020
LOS ANGELES JANUARY EXAMS POSTPONED TO MAY

Due to recent local restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic, GARP is postponing its January 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Los Angeles. Candidates for the Exams will see these changes:
  • FRM Part I candidates: The Exam will now be offered between May 8–21 and will be computer-based. All candidates can select a preferred Exam date within this Exam window by logging in to the portal.
  • FRM Part II candidates: The Exam will now be given on May 15, 2021 via paper and pencil. All candidates scheduled for the January Exam will automatically be registered for the May Exam.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi,

I did register for the November 2020 part 1 exam (NY location), but now the exam has deferred to may 2021, and it is telling me to choose a window of 3 different date range (i.e. between May 8 to May 21 and two more). My questions are:-

1. Will be the exam held on based on the 2020 syllabus, or on the 2021 syllabus? and
2. Do I have to seat for a computer-based exam (which seems to be highly likely)?

Thanks,
Mazharul

Update: Please read the original thread for an update regarding 2020 candidates who are taking the May 2021 exam.

Hello @mhkpayel20

GARP previously stated that any 2020 candidates who have been deferred will be tested on the 2020 curriculum. Please see the announcement that I just posted regarding the CBT.

Last edited:
Hello @mhkpayel20

GARP previously stated that any 2020 candidates who have been deferred will be tested on the 2020 curriculum. Please see the announcement that I just posted regarding the CBT.

Hi @Nicole Seaman , do you happen to know how they are going to manage that?

For location like NYC, it will be candidates from May through November 2020 for May 2021 exam.Do you think they will limit May 2021 exam only for those candidates?

otherwise, if there are new people registered to May 2021.... It will be challenge to divide between candidates with 2020 and 2021 materials. Right?

Probably you dont know.. I just want to open the conversation!

bvoleg

Hi everyone,
Wondering if there's anybody here from Toronto who succeed to register / find testing center for May 2021? I tried to register but I keep getting a message that there is no testing centers available for this date?? And if I pick July, GARP treats this as a deferral and requires to pay fees
Thanks

mattheweidinger

Anyone notice how the online questions bank from GARP is now unavailable? I checked last week and it was full of (2020) curriculum questions. Now it says that they are working on 2021 curriculum questions and they will be available soon. No 2020 questions even though I am scheduled to write 2020 part 2 in Jan...

It's so embarassing how they could not have the 2020 questions available for January 2021 and (more recently) May 2021 candidates who were deferred from 2021.

Anyone else see the same on their online dashboard?

vinebills

Hi everyone,
Wondering if there's anybody here from Toronto who succeed to register / find testing center for May 2021? I tried to register but I keep getting a message that there is no testing centers available for this date?? And if I pick July, GARP treats this as a deferral and requires to pay fees
Thanks

I am from Toronto, I was able to register on Dec 15th , around 12.30 pm I saw many test centers in there, was able to get a spot on May 8th at 10 am at Mississauga location.

bvoleg

I am from Toronto, I was able to register on Dec 15th , around 12.30 pm I saw many test centers in there, was able to get a spot on May 8th at 10 am at Mississauga location.
Thanks.. that's weird. The closest location availble for me is in Montreal..

zer0

Hi,

I did register for the November 2020 part 1 exam (NY location), but now the exam has deferred to may 2021, and it is telling me to choose a window of 3 different date range (i.e. between May 8 to May 21 and two more). My questions are:-

1. Will be the exam held on based on the 2020 syllabus, or on the 2021 syllabus? and
2. Do I have to seat for a computer-based exam (which seems to be highly likely)?

Thanks,
Mazharul

I have the same question 1. On the GARP study Center, my studying has been reset and the Special Topics (for part 2) are the 2021 syllabus, not the 2020 syllabus. Has anyone had confirmation from GARP on what we should be studying for the May 2021 exam if we registered for a 2020 exam?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman , do you happen to know how they are going to manage that?

For location like NYC, it will be candidates from May through November 2020 for May 2021 exam.Do you think they will limit May 2021 exam only for those candidates?

otherwise, if there are new people registered to May 2021.... It will be challenge to divide between candidates with 2020 and 2021 materials. Right?

Probably you dont know.. I just want to open the conversation!
Hello @celclevil89 @zer0

I don't believe that they are going to separate the 2020 and 2021 candidates for the May 2021 exam. On Friday afternoon, I received information after attending a call for prep providers that GARP intentionally limited the changes in the 2021 curriculum for this reason. So, it sounds like they will be testing the 2020 candidates who are taking the May 2021 exam on the 2021 curriculum. The person who hosted the call stated that she will let us know for sure, and I will make sure to provide that information when we receive it. There are VERY few changes in the 2021 curriculum. I've published the curriculum change analysis, and there are just a few new LOs added, and the Current Issues in Part 2, which changes every year. The majority of the curriculum remains exactly the same as 2020.

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi everyone,
Thanks
Hello @bvoleg

I recommend that you email or call GARP directly, as they will be able to answer your questions and help you with getting registered.

evelyn.peng

Anyone notice how the online questions bank from GARP is now unavailable? I checked last week and it was full of (2020) curriculum questions. Now it says that they are working on 2021 curriculum questions and they will be available soon. No 2020 questions even though I am scheduled to write 2020 part 2 in Jan...

It's so embarassing how they could not have the 2020 questions available for January 2021 and (more recently) May 2021 candidates who were deferred from 2021.

I see the same error message for study centre. I didn't have a chance to check it out before it went down but I suspect they maybe the same questions as those in the practice exam.

Raj Sachdeva

Hi everyone,
Thanks

I noticed the same issue. I have contacted GARP, let's see what they have to say. it will be a shame if they charge more money for deferral for us to take exam in Toronto.

Raj

evelyn.peng

@mattheweidinger: have you tried calling GARP? I feel like their response rate is much better over the phone than over email. I can try to call them tomorrow morning EST and see what can be done about the question bank.

Evelyn

wool

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to check if anyone has requested for deferral of their exams in Jan 2021 to May 2021 owing to COVID19 situation in their city. I read on some tweets about some folks having received approval for deferral without any additional charges. Did GARP folks respond to your calls or emails ? Recently, I had been trying to reach them over mail which haven't been answered yet; the calls are landing in their voice mail.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

yashp05

Hello Everyone,

Wanted to check if anyone has requested for deferral of their exams in Jan 2021 to May 2021 owing to COVID19 situation in their city. I read on some tweets about some folks having received approval for deferral without any additional charges. Did GARP folks respond to your calls or emails ? Recently, I had been trying to reach them over mail which haven't been answered yet; the calls are landing in their voice mail.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!
Just call them after 9PM IST on working days

ag222

Hi, anyone here scheduled for January on Warsaw? Or any european location? As far as I know, the restrictions will apply until Jan 17th the earliest. I wonder when we will get any information ..

Status
Not open for further replies.