2021 Exam Updates from GARP (for 2021 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding FRM exam in Frankfurt/Germany: To whom it might concern and to prevent numerous calls, some minutes ago I called NH Frankfurt Airport West and they confirmed that - at least from their side - the exam will take place as planned. There are no further requirements like a recent Covid-19 test or anything else.

This of course does not guarantee that there won't be a cancellation from GARP on short notice.
seems its changed now ..need -ve test report

Yes, I just updated my previous post though I do not know if this is only valid for FRM 1 and ERP 2 (which seems to take place at another location) or also for FRM 2
Read the garp update again and yes, no mention about frm part 2. Seems different location for part 1 and part 2 .

When i click on the link for rapid test, its from nieder esbach , far away from airport.

I would assume no test required for part 2

NEichi

Hi all,

is anybody else registered to take the FRM Part I exam in Darmstadt, Germany? I am a little bit unsure why there is only an update for the Frankfurt location. I would think a negative test and wearing a mask would be a requirement for all german sites. But maybe there will be an update from GARP over the next days.

Greatings

Nina

Headfield

Hi all,

is anybody else registered to take the FRM Part I exam in Darmstadt, Germany? I am a little bit unsure why there is only an update for the Frankfurt location. I would think a negative test and wearing a mask would be a requirement for all german sites. But maybe there will be an update from GARP over the next days.

Greatings

Nina
Maybe just get a test tomorrow afternoon or on Friday (depending on your test day) and you are prepared in any case. I would assume trying to contact GARP right now to receive clarification might be quite difficult so close to exam day.

I booked a test for tomorrow afternoon so there should be enough time for a PCR test in case of a false positive (to be hedged for a type I or type II error depending on the null hypothesis ;-) ) - even though GARP does not state anything about the FRM 2 exam.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: MAY 11, 2021 (Posted on website May 12th)
IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENT FOR MAY EXAM CANDIDATES IN FRANKFURT

Due to local COVID-19 requirements in Frankfurt, Germany, all candidates there taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part I and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Part II Exams in May 2021 must:
  • Wear an FFP2 mask upon arrival, during, and leaving the Exam
  • Have written evidence of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within 48 hours of their Exam
Note: There will be an official COVID-19 test station that administers free rapid antigen tests to candidates, with results available within 15-20 minutes. The station is a two-minute walk from your exam center. Appointments are available Monday through Saturday and can be booked online.

Candidates who do not follow the instructions provided above will not be allowed to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when you re-register. GARP is actively monitoring COVID-19 status and will continue to provide updates to you as the exam date approaches.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: MAY 12, 2021
MAY FRM PART II EXAM POSTPONED IN PAKISTAN

Due to recent COVID-19 conditions in Pakistan, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exam Part II in that area. All candidates registered for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the December Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Please note: December's FRM Exam Part II will be administered via computer-based testing (CBT) and not paper and pencil. Candidates will need to select a date, time, and location for their new exam appointment within the range offered once the deferral is reflected on their Dashboard. Appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

MAY FRM PART II EXAM POSTPONED IN VIETNAM

Due to recent COVID-19 conditions in Vietnam, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exam Part II in that area. All candidates registered for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the December Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Please note: December's FRM Exam Part II will be administered via computer-based testing (CBT) and not paper and pencil. Candidates will need to select a date, time, and location for their new exam appointment within the range offered once the deferral is reflected on their Dashboard. Appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

MAY FRM PART II EXAM POSTPONED IN OMAN

Due to recent COVID-19 conditions in Oman, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exam Part II in that area. All candidates registered for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the December Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: MAY 13, 2021
MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN ISRAEL

To maintain the safety of candidates during this difficult time, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Exams throughout Israel. These include the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I and II and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exam Part II.

All candidates registered and scheduled for a May Exam will automatically be registered for the November/December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect their deferral to November/December. Once this is reflected on the portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: MAY 14, 2021
MAY FRM PART I EXAMS POSTPONED IN SINGAPORE

Due to recent COVID-19 regulations in Singapore, GARP must postpone its remaining upcoming May 2021 FRM Exams Part I in that area.
All candidates registered and scheduled for May Exams from May 17 to May 21 will automatically be registered for the November Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

UPDATE: MAY 14, 2021
MAY FRM PART I EXAMS POSTPONED IN TAIWAN

Due to recent COVID-19 regulations in Taiwan, GARP must postpone its remaining upcoming May 2021 FRM Exams Part I in that area.
All candidates registered and scheduled for May Exams from May 17 to May 21 will automatically be registered for the November Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

NicD

Hi @Nicole Seaman .
I am from India and will possibly be giving the exam this July. However, the situation here is still quite bad. Do you know if the exam could get postponed?
I have written to GARP thrice in the past 15 days however I have not received any sort of response.
Having to appear for an exam with such a situation and with cases being on a rise is a risk for us candidates as well as our families at home.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @Nicole Seaman .
I am from India and will possibly be giving the exam this July. However, the situation here is still quite bad. Do you know if the exam could get postponed?
I have written to GARP thrice in the past 15 days however I have not received any sort of response.
Having to appear for an exam with such a situation and with cases being on a rise is a risk for us candidates as well as our families at home.
Hello @NicD Unfortunately, we have not heard anything from GARP regarding the exams in India. They have stated that they will post all postponements and announcements on their website here: https://www.garp.org/important-notices. I post all updates here in this thread when GARP posts them, and now that the exam is approaching, I monitor their announcements daily.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: JUN 10, 2021

NEW LOCATION FOR DECEMBER FRM PART II EXAM IN HONG KONG

Hong Kong candidates scheduled to take their Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exams in December 2021 should take note of a change in exam venue. The new venue is:

Feva Works IT Education Centre
2/F, Hang Seng North Point Building
No. 341 King's Road
North Point, Hong Kong

The new site is only 20 minutes away from the old site (Infocan, No.64 Kaiyuan Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong). The old site has been removed from candidates' portals. We strongly recommend that all candidates visit the venue a few days prior to the Exam so they know exactly where to go.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @Nicole Seaman

In case the July exams are as per schedule, how many days before the exam can I expect to receive my Admit card?
Hello @NicD

GARP does not provide us with this information, but I'm sure that someone who is taking the exam or has already taken it in May can answer that question for you. I believe it will be in your GARP portal so you can print it out.

bollengc

Hello @Nicole Seaman

In case the July exams are as per schedule, how many days before the exam can I expect to receive my Admit card?
If someone can let me know how to download Admit card from your GARP portal. Thanks
Not sure for your locations, I will take it in July in Europe / Amsterdam and I received a confirmation email when booking my test location from PSI. It says that email should be printed and used for admission.
hope this helps.
Camille

NicD

Not sure for your locations, I will take it in July in Europe / Amsterdam and I received a confirmation email when booking my test location from PSI. It says that email should be printed and used for admission.
hope this helps.
Camille
Alright! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.