Exam Feedback August 2023 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Did you use Bionic Turtle's materials to study for the exam?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
We hope that everyone did well on the FRM Part 2 exam! We would love to hear any feedback that you have about the exam. How did the exam go? Did you encounter unexpected questions? Thank you in advance for any feedback you can provide!

Don't forget to fill out the poll at the top of this post :)

KKima8383

I would say around 20% of the questions were quantitative (and doable, to be fair, only that I forgot a few concepts here and there), with the rest being qualitative, with the choices being very very tricky and challenging to choose between two choices that were similar / deceptively alike; hence requiring an in-depth knowledge of the core concepts. Doing the BT and GARP mocks proved useful for me, as I had practiced timing and had a little time to go through some of the questions I had flagged beforehand. All in all, a fair but challenging exam, which could go either way for me. Hoping for the best, and thanks to you @Nicole Seaman and @David Harper CFA FRM for supporting us via this forum.

RLee3611

Agree with what KKima8383 posted, about 20% quantitiative 80% qualitiative. Lots of ambiguity in the qualitative questions where there were two answers that both seemed plausible.

There was an error on a question that asked us to value a 3 year zero-coupon bond with a face value of $1mm. All of the answer options were in the $90,000's, which is not possible. I emailed GARP and they said to report it using the Curriculum errata form, but that seems to be for errors in the study materials/practice exams, and not for errors in the actual exam questions. Anyone else get that question? Unfortunately I had the question early on and wasted a lot of time trying to calculate the price, without first looking at the answers and realizing that none of them were possible.

Chris

Remove if this isn't allowed, but I'm writing in November and wanted to know: what did you guys wish you did more of (or less of)?

Thanks for the tips!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Remove if this isn't allowed, but I'm writing in November and wanted to know: what did you guys wish you did more of (or less of)?

Thanks for the tips!
@Chris We actually have a forum thread that is dedicated to providing study tips to our members. Many of our past members have shared their study plans in this thread, and it has been very helpful to those who are currently studying for the exam. https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/study-plan-guide.8670/

Status
Not open for further replies.