FRM Part One Study Group Ireland 2020

Bluefox21

Hi all,

Appreciate may not be many of us sitting the exam in Dublin however if anyone interested please comment below.

Thanks!

Rob

Bluefox21

Great - are you Dublin based? I'm working in town (just off Dawson st). Could arrange a coffee to run through approach/materials if close by

yarianto

Hi All,

If you're down we can create Whatsapp group to study level 1 FRM. I think it would beneficial to have study group. Please PM me your nubmer then I can create group in WA. Thank you.

Bluefox21

Not looking promising for Dublin October exam I would guess. Apologies, know not much value speculating at present. Assume if we do go into the 4 week suggested lockdown that GARP with shift us onto the November schedule. Have sent an e-mail to ask and will update here once I receive a response.

carroleo

Not looking promising for Dublin October exam I would guess. Apologies, know not much value speculating at present. Assume if we do go into the 4 week suggested lockdown that GARP with shift us onto the November schedule. Have sent an e-mail to ask and will update here once I receive a response.

Have you received any response from GARP? I also sent an e-mail but am yet to receive a response. I am due to sit the exam on Nov 21 which I gather has been cancelled due to level 5 restrictions put in place this week.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Have you received any response from GARP? I also sent an e-mail but am yet to receive a response. I am due to sit the exam on Nov 21 which I gather has been cancelled due to level 5 restrictions put in place this week.
@carroleo

GARP is only announcing postponements for the October exams at this time, and they are most likely answering those emails from candidates who are taking the October exams first. After the October exam this weekend, I'm sure we will begin to hear more about the November exams and any postponements.

carroleo

@carroleo

GARP is only announcing postponements for the October exams at this time, and they are most likely answering those emails from candidates who are taking the October exams first. After the October exam this weekend, I'm sure we will begin to hear more about the November exams and any postponements.

Thanks Nicole.

I called GARP directly this morning and they informed me of the same, that is, the state haven't informed them about any implications for the November exam just yet. On the call I also requested an exemption to have my exam location changed however such an exemption doesn't exist.

Thanks,
Eoghan

yarianto

Hi All,

Resurrecting this old forum..

How's everone doing I hope 2021 would be good year for us.

As you probably know for Dublin, they postponed the exam to next May and apparently they use PSI test centres.
Anybody already signed up for the location and dates?

As of now I don't see PSI in Dublin options, maybe already fully booked.
Anybody get sitting in Dublin test centre?

dubfrm

Hi all,

Regarding, May21, there are no slots for in Dublin. GARP has suggested to keep searching however slots ain't guaranteed.

Last edited:

dubfrm

Hi All,

Resurrecting this old forum..

How's everone doing I hope 2021 would be good year for us.

As you probably know for Dublin, they postponed the exam to next May and apparently they use PSI test centres.
Anybody already signed up for the location and dates?

As of now I don't see PSI in Dublin options, maybe already fully booked.
Anybody get sitting in Dublin test centre?
I can't find any seats as well. GARP Suggested they are asking for additional slot. However, it is not guaranteed.

Bluefox21

I can't find any seats as well. GARP Suggested they are asking for additional slot. However, it is not guaranteed.

I had a slot for May 8th which would have been perfect and then Part 2 on the 15th.

Just got an e-mail now to say my slot on May 8th is cancelled. So sick of it at this stage!

Parsimony

I had a slot for May 8th which would have been perfect and then Part 2 on the 15th.

Just got an e-mail now to say my slot on May 8th is cancelled. So sick of it at this stage!
Why was your slot cancelled?

I am due to take Part 1 in May, in Ireland. Would be good to join a WhatsApp group to share notes!

Judging by the situation re: Leaving Cert students, I have to wonder whether May exams will go ahead. But I'll plan to be ready, in case they do go ahead.

Last edited:

Bluefox21

Why was your slot cancelled?

I am due to take Part 1 in May, in Ireland. Would be good to join a WhatsApp group to share notes!

Judging by the situation re: Leaving Cert students, I have to wonder whether May exams will go ahead. But I'll plan to be ready, in case they do go ahead.

Mine now has been reinstated.... two months to prep!

dubfrm

Mine now has been reinstated.... two months to prep!
Great. I'm.not sure May exam will take place given current situation. Also will they force us to sit for July exam or we will be given an option to opt for December. Got my holidays booked in Jun/July for few weeks.

cillianmccotter

Hi all Dublin takers - has anyone considered trying to switch venue for the exam to somewhere in the UK? I'm signed up for both parts but am not optimistic about the currently situation here. Thinking I could possibly try switch my exam site(s) to Edinburgh where it would be more likely to go ahead, but still unsure about this. Disappointing not even being able to know for certain that the P1 CBT based format will go ahead... especially when it's GARPs answer to COVID.