FRM Part One Study Group Ireland 2020

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Bluefox, if your exam is on Saturday then surely they would have have told you by now if it was cancelled? Less than 48 hours to go? Good luck.
Keep in mind that GARP waited to cancel/postpone some exams in 2020 until the very last minute. I remember one exam being postponed in the early morning the day of the exam. I encourage everyone to continue checking GARP's announcement page on their website right up until their exam date. I am checking it periodically throughout the day to post announcements in the forum also.

cillianmccotter

@Bluefox21 Bluefox, would be greatly appreciated if you could post in here (assuming the exam goes ahead) on Saturday evening to confirm you did indeed sit the exam. @Nicole Seaman - would Bluefox giving us a simple yes/no as to whether the exam went ahead be classified as "discussing" it, per se (which we know is forbidden), assuming this was the only detail provided?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
@Bluefox21 Bluefox, would be greatly appreciated if you could post in here (assuming the exam goes ahead) on Saturday evening to confirm you did indeed sit the exam. @Nicole Seaman - would Bluefox giving us a simple yes/no as to whether the exam went ahead be classified as "discussing" it, per se (which we know is forbidden), assuming this was the only detail provided?
Hello @cillianmccotter Yes, it is okay for someone to post that they've sat for the exam as long as they do not provide any information about the actual exam.

Bluefox21

I have written an email to garp yesterday, they reply today (very quick answer) ... I had received my ticket when I registered for the exam to my personal mail box with the title "Thank youk you for scheduling your Financial Risk Manager Part 1 Exam with PSI" ..... all candidate must print this email in order to get access to exam room! ...

I just assumed that the whole process would be identical to the 2020 exam with an exam ticket published to your garp account but be careful that is not the case anymore !!!! If you do not show up with this printed mail on your exam day you will not get access to the exam room

Make sure name on e-mail matches your ID... mine doesn't and I'm not sure why

Also I phoned centre today who confirmed it is going ahead :D