IMPORTANT!! DO NOT POST ABOUT THE EXAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karim_B

Subscriber
Does anybody know how to file a formal grievance with GARP regarding their proctors? Anybody here who sat for the May 2018 exam in London Ibis can attest that a lot of irregularities happened during that day. The most obvious being the late start of the registration, that resulted in cramming the venue lobby.
Hi @Hedwig_who_has_red_socks
Sorry to hear that. I'd reach out to GARP member services about it:
[email protected]

Nicole listed the phone number here:
https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/important-do-not-post-about-the-exam.13906/#post-60222

Best
Karim

jamietay

Hi,
I have a question. I circled an answer say “A” and then I realized it should be “C” so instead of circling “C” as well, I just put “C” under Final Answer. Will it be marked as “C” or “A”?

Karim_B

Subscriber
Hi,
I have a question. I circled an answer say “A” and then I realized it should be “C” so instead of circling “C” as well, I just put “C” under Final Answer. Will it be marked as “C” or “A”?
Hi @jamietay
I would guess A because in theory you should have filled in the circle for C as well, then added C under the Final Answer column.

Not sure how the grading machine works exactly though.
Best
Karim

kprd35

Does anybody know how to file a formal grievance with GARP regarding their proctors? Anybody here who sat for the May 2018 exam in London Ibis can attest that a lot of irregularities happened during that day. The most obvious being the late start of the registration, that resulted in cramming the venue lobby.
I sat for the exam in the same London center.what were other irregularities other than you mentioned above?

emilioalzamora1

Hi All,

Everyone who thinks that it might be a piece of cake in case someone tells you some questions (parts of) from another country where exams took place way earlier then I have to tell you that this is almost impossible. If you take your own exam seriously you will be busy managing all the questions and won't spend time memorising questions in detail; sure you will remember some questions roughly (topics) but not all the possible answers to pass them on 1:1 to other people. It does not help if someone just tells you that there was a questions about e. g. CDOs subordination. If someone just thinks about this method of cheating then he/she is not a serious candidate anyway. Fullstop.

Last edited:
Dear @David Harper CFA FRM First of all thank you for your help through out preparation.

Secondly my question Is that "are we allowed to discuss the exam content and questions" once exam happened everywhere

I remember that during my CFA journey it was not allowed to discuss the exam content and questions on any forum . In one of the cases CFA institute took the names from the famous forum Analyst forum and disqualify them as CFA monitors these famous forums

Please let me know the policy so if it is allowed then I will discuss it otherwise don't want to ruin my paper

jamietay

Hi @jamietay
I would guess A because in theory you should have filled in the circle for C as well, then added C under the Final Answer column.

Not sure how the grading machine works exactly though.
Best
Karim
Thanks for your response. Yea not sure how that machine works. Hopefully I did circle D too but can’t recall at this point. Just gotta wait and see. Hope for the best!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Dear @David Harper CFA FRM First of all thank you for your help through out preparation.

Secondly my question Is that "are we allowed to discuss the exam content and questions" once exam happened everywhere

I remember that during my CFA journey it was not allowed to discuss the exam content and questions on any forum . In one of the cases CFA institute took the names from the famous forum Analyst forum and disqualify them as CFA monitors these famous forums

Please let me know the policy so if it is allowed then I will discuss it otherwise don't want to ruin my paper
@Bilal Ehsan

The last exam will be Tuesday so GARP has asked that nothing be posted until Tuesday evening. At that time, we will post exam feedback threads in the forum.

Thank you,
Nicole

I was there also. I didn't think it was that bad. The late start could have been avoided yes, but what else was wrong?

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello, everyone. Any updates/feedbacks on May 2018 Part 1?
Hello @rahimlifarid

Please note that I moved your question here to this thread, which states that GARP does not want anyone discussing the exams until Tuesday evening EST. Please see the original post in this thread for more details.

Thank you,

Nicole

nikic

I hope when the embargo is over David could share his thoughts on the overall difficulty of the paper based on the feedback he's received. He'll be the best judge on this matter.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I hope when the embargo is over David could share his thoughts on the overall difficulty of the paper based on the feedback he's received. He'll be the best judge on this matter.
Hello @nikic

The only feedback that we receive is from our members who post in the forum. At 5:00 EST today, I will post two feedback threads in the forum (one for Part 1 and one for Part 2). Members will be able to post their feedback in those threads after I post them. :)

Thank you,

Nicole

Status
Not open for further replies.