IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ: Publishing Process for 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

queliujin

Hi David
Are there any practice/mock/previous exams file over here? i can only find one set of exams under P1 review.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hi David
Are there any practice/mock/previous exams file over here? i can only find one set of exams under P1 review.
Hello @queliujin

There is one full-length mock exam in PDF and interactive quiz format under the Part 1 Review section. There are also Mock Exams A-H in the same review section (both in PDF and interactive format). Those are mini mock exams. There are also previous GARP practice exams posted in the resources section of the forum here: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/resources/categories/frm-practice-garp.16/.

Nicole

queliujin

Hello David - How are you doing? I am preparing for FRM part 2 and noticed Operational risk and Review sections specific to instruction videos and question sets shows "Coming soon". Please advise as we have only a week to go for the exam. Thank you

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello David - How are you doing? I am preparing for FRM part 2 and noticed Operational risk and Review sections specific to instruction videos and question sets shows "Coming soon". Please advise as we have only a week to go for the exam. Thank you
Hello @PJAYAKUMAR

I've moved your question to this publishing process thread. There will not be any further question sets published in the study planner before the May exam. As this thread states, we continue to prepare and publish materials throughout the entire year so we do not guarantee that every piece of material will be published before the May exam.

Thank you and good luck on the exam.

Nicole

Jaskarn

Hi @David Harper CFA FRM
I am not sure where to put this question so please feel free to move it.

I just observed that in operation risk reading :- Hull, Risk Management and Financial Institutions you have added new chapter i.e. CH 17

Chapter 17. Regulation of the OTC Derivatives Market

• Summarize the clearing process in OTC derivative markets.
  • Describe changes to the regulation of OTC derivatives which took place after the 2007-2009 financial crisis and explain the impact of these changes.
This was not there is the previous notes that i downloaded on 19th March 2019:eek:. Is this part of new reading? If yes then how imp it is as exam is in few day.:eek::oops:.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hi @David Harper CFA FRM
I am not sure where to put this question so please feel free to move it.

I just observed that in operation risk reading :- Hull, Risk Management and Financial Institutions you have added new chapter i.e. CH 17

Chapter 17. Regulation of the OTC Derivatives Market

• Summarize the clearing process in OTC derivative markets.
  • Describe changes to the regulation of OTC derivatives which took place after the 2007-2009 financial crisis and explain the impact of these changes.
This was not there is the previous notes that i downloaded on 19th March 2019:eek:. Is this part of new reading? If yes then how imp it is as exam is in few day.:eek::oops:.
Hello @Jaskarn

This set of notes was updated on March 28th as noted in this forum thread: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2019-part-2-new-and-updated-published-materials.22028/. I not only added it to the list in the original thread, but also in this separate post so it would show up in New Posts: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...-updated-published-materials.22028/post-74738. This reading is part of the 2019 GARP syllabus, which we highly encourage all of our members to follow during their studies. GARP provides the readings and learning objectives at the beginning of each year as a guide for all FRM candidates.

Thank you,

Nicole

Jaskarn

Hello @Jaskarn

This set of notes was updated on March 28th as noted in this forum thread: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2019-part-2-new-and-updated-published-materials.22028/. I not only added it to the list in the original thread, but also in this separate post so it would show up in New Posts: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...-updated-published-materials.22028/post-74738. This reading is part of the 2019 GARP syllabus, which we highly encourage all of our members to follow during their studies. GARP provides the readings and learning objectives at the beginning of each year as a guide for all FRM candidates.

Thank you,

Nicole
I hope these are not too big changes:(:eek:. OMG 3 days left and now i came to know this...

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I hope these are not too big changes:(:eek:. OMG 3 days left and now i came to know this...
@Jaskarn

All of the changes that were made are listed in the link that I previously provided: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/thre...-updated-published-materials.22028/post-74738. This is the reason that we have the Announcements section in the forum where we publish the curriculum change XLS, this publishing process thread and the updated materials threads. We always stress the importance that candidates make sure they are very familiar with the GARP syllabus and learning objectives.

Nicole

Jaskarn

@Jaskarn Listen, I've personally given you HOURS of support. You know you are responsible for knowing the syllabus. If you don't agree, feel free to contact GARP and have them post here. Or I can contact GARP for you. Knowledge of the syllabus is YOUR responsibility. Don't even for an nanosecond try to suggest otherwise. I've been doing this for over a decade. Give me a break. I'm happy to join a call with GARP if you would like to request, so we can clarify for you. Feel free to contact GARP and provide the link here. I have zero tolerance for your implication.
Yes yes.. I think you misunderstood my comment @David Harper CFA FRM My comment was more of like "OMG how I forgot not to check" rather than "Oh why you guys didn't tell me".:)

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Yes yes.. I think you misunderstood my comment @David Harper CFA FRM My comment was more of like "OMG how I forgot not to check" rather than "Oh why you guys didn't tell me".:)
@Jaskarn

Just to follow up, it is difficult in the virtual world to figure out what people mean. My first impression (like David) was that we didn't provide enough information regarding the content that would be tested. It has happened many times before where members have basically blamed us for their lack of knowledge about the readings and learning objectives that are in the syllabus (although we try VERY hard to make sure candidates know that they should always look through the entire syllabus). Stress levels can run high during this week before the exam so no worries about the miscommunication between us. Everyone is pretty stressed out right now ;)

Nicole

Jeff11frm

Hello

I cannot seem to find some additions made to 2019 P1 T1 reading 19. A typical example is ' explain how an index arbitrage strategy works' under chapter 5 of Hull.

Kindly assist me find the latest notes.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello

I cannot seem to find some additions made to 2019 P1 T1 reading 19. A typical example is ' explain how an index arbitrage strategy works' under chapter 5 of Hull.

Kindly assist me find the latest notes.
@Jeff11frm

Please note that I've moved your question to this thread where we have provided our publishing process. Our materials are updated throughout the exam year and not all at once. It would be impossible for us to update everything all at once at the beginning of the year, as we provide quality materials. We are currently in the process of updating the reading 19 notes to reflect any changes that were made for 2019. As David stated, this is a huge document and it takes time to update everything. Thank you for your patience.

Nicole

Harold Finch

Hello guys: I see there is a sign of new in the study planner. I wonder if there is an easy way to see what page or line changed with respect to the previous posted pdf. The goal is to save time so we can go directly to the precise changes that were made and continue moving forward. Thanks.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello guys: I see there is a sign of new in the study planner. I wonder if there is an easy way to see what page or line changed with respect to the previous posted pdf. The goal is to save time so we can go directly to the precise changes that were made and continue moving forward. Thanks.
Hello @Harold Finch

Note that I moved your question here to this thread, which discusses our publishing process. I've included these two links in the original thread of this post that provide the information that you are looking for:

Part 1: https://forum.bionicturtle.com/threads/2019-part-1-new-and-updated-published-materials.22027/

Thank you,

Nicole

Harold Finch

Hello:
I see in the forum and study planner the next practice tests:
A 2 full test Mock exams
B 8 minimocks
C 1 2018 Garp test part 1.

Just to be sure, is this all the mock material we have available?

In order to mimic the Nov 2019 real test, is there is a recommended order to practice?
Maybe B, A, C

Thanks for any suggestion. I only want to maximize my preparation time.
H.

Status
Not open for further replies.