November 17, 2012 Exam Results released - January 2, 2013

maheshs

Passed Part 1 - i used only BT for Part 1. The practice questions were outstanding and the BT forum rocks, prompt responses from David and others really helped. - Many thanks David, Suzanne and others who contribute to the forum.
For Part 2, i feel that core readings + BT should suffice...

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
FYI, GARP has already announced pass rates (last year it took weeks!) at their FB page https://www.facebook.com/garpfrm
Nov 2012 FRM Exams
  • Part I passing = 46.7%
  • Part II passing = 56%.
... excluding slightly anomalously high May 2011, these pass rates appear to be consistent with an emergent trend: P1 calibrated just below 50%, and P2 between 50% and 60%.

trabala38

Hi everyone,

I passed November 2012 Part II, scored 11111. (November 2011 part I was also 1111).

Definitely, the material provided by BT helped a lot to achieve that result I have to say. I recommend BT to everyone taking the FRM exam.

David: what is the status of your project to provide content for ERP exam?

Thanks,

trabala38

Hend Abuenein

Hi can anyone tell when will schewser notes for part 2 will be availbale?

Hi,
yes you really should check on their site under product availability...
But since I have experience ordering their material for Part 2 (for May 2012), I got it by early March :(:confused:
Start studying from other sources so as not to waste time.

ShaktiRathore

Subscriber
FYI, GARP has already announced pass rates (last year it took weeks!) at their FB page https://www.facebook.com/garpfrm
Nov 2012 FRM Exams
  • Part I passing = 46.7%
  • Part II passing = 56%.
... excluding slightly anomalously high May 2011, these pass rates appear to be consistent with an emergent trend: P1 calibrated just below 50%, and P2 between 50% and 60%.

So that make the overall pass rate to be 56%*46.7% ~26% which is well and good. So out of every 100 candidates 26 are able to achieve the designation which is good seeing the recognition of frm. But it could be made little lower say 20% but seeing that garp people want to see more professional turn into risk profession this is are adequate pass rates.

thanks

PL

Hello david
what is your proposal regarding the 2 years work experience? I m just thinking to use part of my resume..as already mentioned in my previous query but im not sure about it.

Ps
i use only bt material plus some of the garp books(eg hull...) and i got q1 to all parts of level2! thanks a lot david and suzzane

ArbitUP

Hello david
what is your proposal regarding the 2 years work experience? I m just thinking to use part of my resume..as already mentioned in my previous query but im not sure about it.

Ps
i use only bt material plus some of the garp books(eg hull...) and i got q1 to all parts of level2! thanks a lot david and suzzane

Just type in what your 2 years of experience is. I wouldn't stress about it. Now obviously if you have less than 2 years at your current job you'll have to add the previous job. You don't need to show additional though, you don't get extra credit or anything of the sort

vt2012

OK, I adress all who passed P2​
No douts, the site is invaluable and bla-bla-bla.​
I do thank to David!
And, anyway, what is the way to get CQF free?​
I mean for ~ $17,000 anybody can get it; scholaship conditions are vague; ofiice will not pay; me personally strongly against of paying such a kind of fee...​
Any suggestion?​

Mark W

So that make the overall pass rate to be 56%*46.7% ~26% which is well and good. So out of every 100 candidates 26 are able to achieve the designation which is good seeing the recognition of frm. But it could be made little lower say 20% but seeing that garp people want to see more professional turn into risk profession this is are adequate pass rates.

thanks

Well, not really. These events are most certainly not independent.

atandon

Hi David and Suzanne, I would like to thank you for creating the most sincere and rigorous FRM study material which helped me to clear both groups in Nov 2012 exam. Without your help, it couldn't have been possible. I wish you guys all the best for the future.

Thanks!