Exam Feedback November 2016 Part 1 Exam Feedback

raorohit1900

Just a quick question. I scored 4th Quartile in VAR Models however 2nd quartile in all others, still failed level 1. Is it fine?

Martin B

Confusing as always. Has anyone noticed that the 2017 practice exams are now being charged for? Don't mind paying but will that mean they will be less error prone and more relevant to the actual exam?

I am not 100% sure, but I believe that once you register for the exam you can download the practice exam for free. :)

Nov2016_Queries

I attempted exactly 86 ques,8-10 were guesses, and at the most 8-10 can be wrong .So does a score of arnd 68, with possibly unattempted, flukes and wrong spread across sections get a quartile score of just 2-3-3-3 ?

kevolution

I attempted exactly 86 ques,8-10 were guesses, and at the most 8-10 can be wrong .So does a score of arnd 68, with possibly unattempted, flukes and wrong spread across sections get a quartile score of just 2-3-3-3 ?
Sectional spread won't matter, as they grade it by the overall number of questions correct. It probably would have served to your advantage to answer those last 14 questions even if they were just pure random guesses (In fact, I put C on ~20 questions that I did not know the answer to or didn't have time to work out the math for; had about 20-30 questions that I wasn't sure but tried working out and ~50 that I was pretty confident or at least 50/50 on).

You were probably very close to the cutoff. How can you be so sure that you answered 68 questions 100% correctly? That seems quite confident, and I would not guess that you would have failed. I don't think the cutoff would be higher than 68 questions correct as that seems historically high, so you probably missed some of the ones you were sure about.

Martin B

Just saw on LinkedIn
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
November 2016 FRM Exam pass rates -- Part I: 44.8% | Part II: 54.3%

Nov2016_Queries

Referring to one peculiar ques in exam - How should one calculate variance of PD ,if it is not given in questions related to unexpected loss ? Can somebody explain calculation of UL in such case with example assuming values of EA,PD,LR and variance of LR.thanks