Exam Feedback November 2016 Part 2 Exam Feedback

emilioalzamora1

Congrats! Apparently it takes exactly two weeks and seems to be the same for eyerone. What is more, I got the impression that the confirmation sent is an automated process (sent out just in the nick of time when two weeks are over). Curious to know who does the checking at GARP whether your work experience lives up to their expectations and whether there has already been someone whose work exp was rejected.

Congrats! Apparently it takes exactly two weeks and seems to be the same for eyerone. What is more, I got the impression that the confirmation sent is an automated process (sent out just in the nick of time when two weeks are over). Curious to know who does the checking at GARP whether your work experience lives up to their expectations and whether there has already been someone whose work exp was rejected.

It's interesting how people question the effectiveness of the FRM certification process only after they get certified! haha.

Similar to how people what the CFA exam to become even more difficult so less people can earn it..., only after they earn it.

A friend of mine did CFA L3, got scared she didn't pass cuz the exam was too difficult, eventually found out that she passed..., then proceeded to complain that the exam was too easy. She wants the CFA to make it more difficult. haha.

Interesting characteristic of humans.

emilioalzamora1

It's interesting how people question the effectiveness of the FRM certification process only after they get certified! haha.

Similar to how people what the CFA exam to become even more difficult so less people can earn it..., only after they earn it.

A friend of mine did CFA L3, got scared she didn't pass cuz the exam was too difficult, eventually found out that she passed..., then proceeded to complain that the exam was too easy. She wants the CFA to make it more difficult. haha.

Interesting characteristic of humans.

I am neither questioning the effectiveness of the FRM certification process nor saying anything about the level of difficulty. I am just curious how they examine the submitted work experience. This is a completely different kettle of fish!

frmfrm

Global Finance is evolving.
As the number(& level) of global FRM candidate increased significantly, FRM exam became very difficult.
In addition, FRM is familiar with the CFA and there are many simultaneous candidates.

If these situations continue, the difficulty level of FRM exam continue to increase.
Furthermore, the range of FRM learning objectives continue to increase.
This is a natural phenomenon.

However, There is a curiosity about the certification process.
The difficulty of exam is not a major subject.

Last edited:

SoSo0921

That's right. It is extremely natural that the FRM® exam become more difficult.
It's not just because of the feedback from FRM applicants for 190 countries.
It is expected that the FRM PART3 curriculum will be added HAHA.:D

By the way!!!!! My experience was rejected!!!! I failed to qualify for FRM Certification.:(
I will fill in a career and challenge certification again.
I can't stand the tension!!:oops:

emilioalzamora1

That's right. It is extremely natural that the FRM® exam become more difficult.
It's not just because of the feedback from FRM applicants for 190 countries.
It is expected that the FRM PART3 curriculum will be added HAHA.:D

By the way!!!!! My experience was rejected!!!! I failed to qualify for FRM Certification.:(
I will fill in a career and challenge certification again.
I can't stand the tension!!:oops:

How come? Did they tell you any reason why your work exp has been rejected? I am sorry to hear this, but do you have sth. at hand now (work) to get the required work exp under your belt by 2021/22?

SoSo0921

How come? Did they tell you any reason why your work exp has been rejected? I am sorry to hear this, but do you have sth. at hand now (work) to get the required work exp under your belt by 2021/22?

Yes. I felt that the FRM® exam was really difficult and I also felt that Certification process was not easy. :eek:
This is quite natural.

Although I have experienced a two-year career in the past, I have described a job experience that is not related to financial affairs.:(
In conclusion, The description of my work was very insufficient.
I was denied the FRM Certification due to invalid work experience. Of course I'm working on financial affairs now.:)

They sent me an email urging me to build a relevant experience.(GARP customer cases)
They said that I can submit my work experience anytime during 5 year period once I have gained the required 2 years. I will need to provide at least 4-5 detail sentences on how I use financial risk on a daily basis in work that covers a paid full-time, two year period of Financial Risk Industry experience.;)

Last edited:

Trueman

Hi!
I've received a letter from GARP about Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. Unfortunately I don't understand: is the program mandatory or voluntary?
Anybody knows?

Meadem2

Hi!
I've received a letter from GARP about Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program. Unfortunately I don't understand: is the program mandatory or voluntary?
Anybody knows?

From what I understand it is mandatory. I also received this message.

you do not have to do the events on the GARP list, if you do courses through your work or attend conferences or workshops, give presentations etc you can submit these details and GARP will decide how many credits you receive. You need 40 credits in total in 2017/18

frmfrm

From what I understand it is mandatory. I also received this message.

you do not have to do the events on the GARP list, if you do courses through your work or attend conferences or workshops, give presentations etc you can submit these details and GARP will decide how many credits you receive. You need 40 credits in total in 2017/18

FRM CPD is voluntary.
Only ERP CPD is mandatory.

Since FRM is already a really difficult and powerful exam in 195 countries, feedback is widely activated.

2017 CPD program is as follows -
http://go.garp.org/cpd-handbook

For FRMs, participating in the CPD program is currently voluntary. FRMs are strongly encouraged to participate in the program in order to best maintain the value and integrity of the FRM certification for themselves and the FRM community.

For ERPs, participating in the CPD program is mandatory. ERPs are required to participate in the program in order to use their ERP professional designation. If you are unable to participate for personal or professional reasons, contact [email protected] at least 6 weeks prior to the end of your cycle.

If you are both an ERP and an FRM, participating in CPD is mandatory. You may earn credits simultaneously and CPD credits may be shared among your credentials.

Last edited:

emilioalzamora1

I am not sure with Meadem's post, what happens if you are short some credits at the end of year? Do they withdraw your designation?
Would be great to have some feedback on this from someone who is 100% sure how this is handled. Thanks!

Overlap: @frmfrm: this sounds for convincing honestly speaking.

Meadem2

FRM CPD is voluntary.
Only ERP CPD is mandatory.

Since FRM is already a really difficult and powerful exam in 195 countries, feedback is widely activated.

2017 CPD program is as follows -
http://go.garp.org/cpd-handbook

For FRMs, participating in the CPD program is currently voluntary. FRMs are strongly encouraged to participate in the program in order to best maintain the value and integrity of the FRM certification for themselves and the FRM community.

For ERPs, participating in the CPD program is mandatory. ERPs are required to participate in the program in order to use their ERP professional designation. If you are unable to participate for personal or professional reasons, contact [email protected] at least 6 weeks prior to the end of your cycle.

If you are both an ERP and an FRM, participating in CPD is mandatory. You may earn credits simultaneously and CPD credits may be shared among your credentials.

thanks for the feedback.

I've also just read now on the GARP site that "Participation in the program is optional for FRMs and mandatory for ERPs"

thanks for clarifying. I assumed as compulsory.

Meadem2

I am not sure with Meadem's post, what happens if you are short some credits at the end of year? Do they withdraw your designation?
Would be great to have some feedback on this from someone who is 100% sure how this is handled. Thanks!

Overlap: @frmfrm: this sounds for convincing honestly speaking.

@frmfrm is correct :) sorry if I caused confusion with my earlier post.

SoSo0921

The fact that FRM® is a lifetime designation is very attractive.:)

However, it is very difficult to pass the FRM exam. It takes a lot of effort and time to pass the FRM exam.:eek:

After passing the toughest exam, You get a lifetime FRM certification!!:D

Last edited:
The fact that FRM® is a lifetime designation is very attractive.:)

However, it is very difficult to pass the FRM exam. It takes a lot of effort and time to pass the FRM exam.:eek:

After passing the toughest exam, You get a lifetime FRM certification!!:D

I don't know of any professional designation that's not lifetime..., as long as you comply with appropriate rules.

The FRM certification is attractive and is sure gaining in popularity.