Exam Feedback November 2017 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
which forum do i need to follow for actual discussions on the study topics of level2
Hello @[email protected]

I'm not sure if you are looking for a study group or if you are looking for the threads that contain discussions about the concepts that will be tested in Part 2. @bake5472 provided the Study Groups thread above. If you are looking for actual discussions regarding the Part 2 concepts, there are two ways to navigate the forum to find what you are looking for:
  1. The main page of the forum lists the different sections. You will find the Part 2 discussions in Topics 5 through 9. The top section is free to all members. The bottom section is for paid members, and is where all of our practice questions originate. This is where you can discuss about specific practice questions.
  2. You can use the search function if you are looking for information on a specific concept. Our forum has been around for over a decade, so if you have questions about a specific concept, you are almost sure to find that a discussion already exists. The search function is located in the upper right area of the forum page.
You may find this blog page useful, as it gives some good tips on utilizing the forum: https://www.bionicturtle.com/utilizing-the-bionic-turtle-frm-forum/. I hope this is helpful!

Thank you,

Nicole

Hermz29

Also my tips. You need at least 3 months for each part depending on your experience and background etc. I studied quite hard putting in at least one hour per weekday (I work) and more than ten hours each weekend. Study in the train. Practice all the BT questions. They make for great experience....
I also found the questions in the Jorion Book was helpful, while some were simple, it tested the knowledge of the concepts. A number of those questions especially on credit spreads came on the actual exam. One of the mistakes one can easily make is to rush through the material, this will not work for level 2. Ensure that you understand the concepts!!

RaDi7

I passed Level II!!!!!!
Thank you a lot, David and Nicole, for your always fast and detailed answers and explanations! You was a huge help for me!!
Best regards and all the best wishes,
Darya

Does anyone receive a message from garp after submitting work experiences?
I think you should receive an email confirming the submission of your work experience. From what I have read in other threads, it takes approx. 20-25 days till you hear back from them to let you know if your submitted work experience met their criteria or not.

frankdc11

Does anyone know whether or not you can be searchable in the GARP database without paying the membership fee?
It seems like not paying the membership fee just takes away access to premium things like their news e-mails.

dbansal

I also found the questions in the Jorion Book was helpful, while some were simple, it tested the knowledge of the concepts. A number of those questions especially on credit spreads came on the actual exam. One of the mistakes one can easily make is to rush through the material, this will not work for level 2. Ensure that you understand the concepts!!

Try to read over all the study material once and Questions, Questions, Questions!!!

For part 2 - I started doing questions regardless of where I was with the study material one month prior to the exam. The month before the exam is not the time to get lazy / sloppy (which I unfortunately did). I tried to get through all the study material but was not diligent enough. I passed regardless probably because of my background (Masters in Financial Engineering, 7 years experience in Finance) but, this all reflected in my less than stellar quartiles.

Get through all the material at least once, read it and understand as much as possible 1 month before the exam, and then drill yourself as much as possible. Plenty of questions here through BT and Garp.

I though the regulatory stuff (Basel) was a huge chore / pain. In general, I think the exam is way too focused on VaR and regulatory issues.

I just got approval for my reimbursement by my employer. Nice chunk of change! :)

Does anyone know whether or not you can be searchable in the GARP database without paying the membership fee?
It seems like not paying the membership fee just takes away access to premium things like their news e-mails.

Below is from the Membership Handbook. (pg 12-13)

upload_2018-1-9_12-20-52.png

Last edited: