Exam Feedback November 2018 Part 2 Exam Feedback

Costigan

Thank you Matt. I submitted my work experience on the result day. I can certainly empathize with you. GARP should consider adopting the CFA approach and allow candidates to submit experience prior to results. I believe the current system is causing unnecessary anxiety for some.

matt6558

Thank you Matt. I submitted my work experience on the result day. I can certainly empathize with you. GARP should consider adopting the CFA approach and allow candidates to submit experience prior to results. I believe the current system is causing unnecessary anxiety for some.
Thank you so much! I hope to hear good news soon!

Austin_V

Hello everyone,

I'm taking L2 in May 2019. A few questions:
- How much weight should I give the mocks provided by BT compared to current and old GARP mocks?
- Are practice questions from 3+ years ago still relevant like the ones BT has?

Thanks in advance for any help.

frmwriter

Hello everyone,

- How much weight should I give the mocks provided by BT compared to current and old GARP mocks?

GARP mocks have so many mistakes pre-2018, it will just confuse you more

gprisby

GARP mocks have so many mistakes pre-2018, it will just confuse you more

Interesting.... I'm a ways away from mocks, but will certainly keep this in mind. I'm sure there are many threads on some of the issues encountered. I wish GARP would make adjustments for the known errors. I remember sitting in my hotel room the night before my L1 exam and casually looking through the older mocks. I missed 2 questions in a row that were related to known errors on this message board. That's when I knew I needed to put the materials down!

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello everyone,

Hello @Austin_V

There are many discussions in our forum regarding the previous GARP practice questions so we would not recommend practicing from any of their older mocks. However, in regard to our BT practice questions, we retain all older practice questions in the study planner if they are still relevant to the current exam. If they are in the Practice Question set then they are still relevant. We also retain older PQs in an appendix even if the learning objective has been removed from the curriculum because we feel that the content is still relevant. As you go through our PQ sets you will see where we have updated the PQ sets throughout the years to add the newest PQs.

Thank you,

Nicole

Costigan

Flashback, It's a holiday in the U.S.A. today so unlikely to be any newly certified candidates, hopefully tomorrow we will hear some good news.