Exam Feedback November 2018 Part 2 Exam Feedback

frmwriter

I submitted my work experience on January 3rd, 2019 and still have not received THE email. Meanwhile, I wrote twice to GARP to inquire about the review process (2nd time this morning) and this was part of the answer I received today: " ... due to the large number of experience submissions it is not out of the realm of possibility that an experience review can take 1-2 months to complete".
So it takes GARP 6 weeks to release the Exam results but up to 2 months to review the professional experience ... It's disappointing. CFA Institute was able to review my experience in less than 3 weeks back in 2013.

6 weeks is pretty reasonable already considering it is scantron

Flashback

It is disappointing indeed. And funny to read that the number of CVs surprised them. As mentioned above, it was easy to estimate the number of CVs already in Oct

Yep. They should backtest its process against operating unexpected losses. Business Disruption and System Failures category. The funny thing is the loss is ours, not theirs.

Last edited:

Kiara

Approved for me. Submitted on 3rd, late in the evening, CET
Hopefully, this week will be our approval week

kevolution

Yep. They should backtest its process against operating unexpected losses. Business Disruption and System Failures category. The funny thing is the loss is ours, not theirs.
Well technically it could be because if you need the certification for recruiting purposes, you wouldn't have it.

Flashback

^ Technically and fundamentally , wasting my time in any situation can only be counted as an explicit expense, nothing else.

Mirza2000

The lyrics from Paul McCartney's "Hope of Deliverance" song summarize in an adequate fashion how I feel now:
"... When it will be right, I don't know
What it will be like, I don't know
We live in hope of deliverance from the darkness that surrounds us
Hope of deliverance
Hope of deliverance
Hope of deliverance from the darkness that surrounds us ..."

matt6558

Hi all, it seems still a lot of people have been waiting to be certified, has anybody from Asia been certified yet? (I am from South Korea waiting to be certified and it's been almost 6 weeks since my submission of work experience)

Annette007

Subscriber
It is so depressing tomorrow it will be 6 weeks after I have submitted my work experience and still no response. In corporate life employees need to get more efficient in order to survive. Clearly GARP does not have any corporate standards. Let's hope approvals get in soon.

Mirza2000

GARP has a long way to go to catch up CFA Institute in many ways (quality of books, questionable rules around the examination, etc). This last episode of "en attendant Godot" only re-enforces my opinion. I'm starting to question my decision of pursuing the FRM designation as opposed to the PRM. I just hope I did the right choice.
Anyway, I'm sure that by the time I retire, somebody at GARP will have had the time to open my LinkedIn profile and confirm my certification :p

Flashback

Approved finally. And now I'm going to light a candle to make a redemption. And I'm gonna turn on "Bela Lugosi's dead .... undead, undead, undead" on my vinyl gramophone. Wish you good luck to the rest!