Passed Part 1

PL

Congrats to all of you!

passed level 1 Q1-Q1-Q1-Q1 :D
Thank you David, Suzanne and all of you members in the forum
Now lets start Level 2 ....

Aleksander - Congrats and thank YOU for your help last semester, really appreciate that your reported back! David

Dear David and Suzanne,

I wanted to sincerely than you for all of your tremendous help and excellence that you provided me as I prepared for the FRM Level 1. I passed the exam. I actually finished in the top quartile in three of the four sections. I would never have come close to accomplishing this but for Bionic Turtle.

I’m not only thankful for the exceptional material on the website. I’m also particularly appreciative of the time David took to answer my questions. I felt like I used a lot of David’s time, but his personalized help made a huge difference. Suzanne thank you also for always getting back to me when I needed assistance.

Bionic Turtle is truly an unparalleled resource. I’m forever grateful.

Chris

DallasFRM

I passed 1-1-1-2.

David and Suzanne,

I don't know how you do it relative to larger providers - but the time, effort and most importantly the materials you put together are nothing short of top knotch. I guess I can relax for a moment before starting onto Level 2.

DallasFRM

Aleksander Hansen

I passed 1-1-1-2.

David and Suzanne,

I don't know how you do it relative to larger providers - but the time, effort and most importantly the materials you put together are nothing short of top knotch. I guess I can relax for a moment before starting onto Level 2.

DallasFRM
Don't forget that it's curved ;) - I started preparing for Part 2 a week after Part 1.

Aleksander Hansen

Aleks - That's a way full plate, but full in a great way! If/when you can share details on your own company, I would love to know what you are doing?!!

Sure, you might not be very excited though :)

ClearStone Group LLC

Going to overhaul the site completely and change the company that builds the site as it is not very attractive. In fact, the most important 'strategy' was left out during previous update (you'll understand if you visit).
Did you mention you know about a great company for domain hosting and web-design? We're just too busy to deal with that ourselves.

So, basically there's a management company (LLC), as well as two separate LPs. One is operated and owned 100% by the LLC; whilst ownership in the other LP depends on a partner's capital relative to total value. The LLC maintains all voting rights, management and operational control though.

The former does specialty consulting, with a focus on three eleents:
1) advising on investment decisions;
2) validating/'auditing' existing [quantitative financial/economic] models, which includes detailed reporting - highlighting such as benchmarked performance against industry standards/best practice, areas that we perceive to be strong, as well as areas that should be improved upon - and what steps and resources are required to get there.
3) Helping develop, or building from scratch, quantitative financial models with features that are truly on the "frontier of finance." The latter is explained, demonstrated and implemented, but any application or model remains proprietary and is only licensed. This can range from modules that find the optimal level of exchange traded and thus margined positons vs. OTC derivatives [that may or may not be cleared], to models that price exotic derivatives or 'unusual' structures, to extensive models for simulating any number of things.

In regards to the latter LP, I am prohibited by SEC regulations to discuss. (This will actually change once Dodd-Fank goes into effect, believe it or not, 60 days after published in the Federal Register).
Some information can be obtained from the web-site, but for me to provide any substantial info you need to be classified as e.g. a professional investor, and write to request further information.
I'm thinking you can infer what I'm talking about from that. ;)

Most of our time and resources are allocated to the latter LP.