Question about using the materials

justinturner

I just signed up for the advanced materials. It seems that my materials are all in the study planner? There is a 'my products' tab but there is nothing there. So my questions are the following:

1) What is the my products tab for?

2) Are all the products available, or is there material and videos still being added?

3) Will there be a video and notes for each and every reading?

4) What different ways do I access questions (I see everyone stressing the importance of questions)? There are questions in the study planner, I see there seems to be forums for each topic where I assume there are questions, and there are practice exams from GARP that I downloaded off the site. Have I covered everything or is there other places I should be looking or other parts of the forum that contain questions also?

Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @justinturner,

Thank you for your purchase! Regarding your questions:
  1. The "My Products" tab used to be the place where you would access your materials, but we upgraded our website in November so all of the materials are now accessible in the study planner.
  2. We are still in the process of adding new materials to coincide with the 2014 GARP curriculum, and we will continue to publish materials until the November exam.
  3. We try our very hardest to publish study notes, question sets and videos for every reading, but we cannot guarantee that EVERY reading will have each of those. All of our question sets consist of questions that are unique and are created by David.
  4. We publish a daily question in our forum HERE. We take a short break on posting daily questions after each exam, so we will begin posting questions again very soon. Although we post them on the forum, we also create question sets for each reading that are made up of these daily questions so when you purchase a package you do not need to print out each individual daily question. After we have a complete set, we will publish them in an organized question set that can be downloaded and printed. You will notice in the study planner that we also have mock exams, which also consist of questions for you to practice.
Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for using Bionic Turtle!

Nicole

justinturner

Thank you for your reply Nicole. As for the videos, at this point there seems to be a bunch missing (i have only looked through the first book, appears there are only 4 videos). When you say that you don't guarantee that there will be something for every reading, do you mean there may be 28 or 29 videos out of 30 chapters, or do you mean there could be something like 20? Ideally it would be all or almost all as i do the majority of learning through videos and that is what you guys are known for.

Thanks again,

Justin

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello Justin,

Yes, almost all of our readings will have videos. We say that we cannot guarantee that every reading will have a video because there will be some gaps where there won't be a video. We work very hard to make sure that all of the readings are thoroughly covered. We appreciate your patience while we continue to update the materials. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Nicole

justinturner

Thanks again. How do I know when a new video is added? I had seen a link you posted about materials up, but that didn't seem completely updated, so I am just curious where I would find out when a new video is posted for level 1 (since it is videos that I personally need for studying and want to have access to new videos the first day they are available). Thanks

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
Hello @justinturner,

When new materials are published, you will see a "new" symbol next to them in the study planner. We will also add them to the forum in the list that you mentioned. Currently that list is up to date and shows the newest materials that have been published. We will begin working on updating and publishing the videos very soon.

Thanks,

Nicole

justinturner

Hello @justinturner,

When new materials are published, you will see a "new" symbol next to them in the study planner. We will also add them to the forum in the list that you mentioned. Currently that list is up to date and shows the newest materials that have been published. We will begin working on updating and publishing the videos very soon.

Thanks,

Nicole

Hi Nicole,

Could you give me an update/ETA for the videos? It appears all the notes are up to date, but I am not really a note guy and just wanted to get an idea of when i may be able to expect some new videos. It has been almost two months since you said 'soon' so I just wanted to follow up as there are only a few months till the exam. Thank you for your help

HALCOLM1

Subscriber
Hi David
I just finished all of the GARP readings and all of the BT study materials.
So I have 1.5 months left until the exam, what's the best way to prepare for the exam at this point?
Thanks