2020 Exam Update from GARP (updated on a regular basis)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I assume that other locations will be held the exams as planned..?
I hope I could get a clear answer for that..
I guess we'll just have to assume that it will be held until we get an official message that it's cancelled. GARP seems to be really careful with their communications. There are many countries and venues that urgently need an update message from GARP, but as we've seen the've only communicated the postponements of Czech Republic and Poland.

mattheweidinger

I can't believe that you (in general) have to call the hotel to figure out whether the exam is still scheduled there or not. It is incredible that GARP doesn't come with any update. I am really afraid that some very last minute cancellations are going to happen.

Same thing occurred for several of us here in Montreal, Canada. Hotels said the exams were cancelled, but upon calling GARP, we were notified that they were still on. GARP had said "we will notify you in the next 2.5 weeks, if there is a cancellation at your location." back 2.5 weeks prior to the exam - basically giving them the ability to cancel anytime up until the last minute...

rikuo

Anyone taking exam in Moscow? I just called the hotel and they said there was no cancellation. It's insane as the number of cases is rising every day. And I don't want to accept their waiver by coming to the exam.

Just curious, Is exam happening in Ottawa on Oct 24.2020?
No way to know until there's official communication from GARP. Tough I think you can expect a cancellation if restrictions don't allow more than 10 people to gather, consistent with the other cancellations so far.

Razi

Cancellation of exams would be restricted to particular areas? or we can expect a global cancellation similar to the May exam as well?

irina18

Does anybody know if the exam will take place in Bulgaria. We have a massive third wave especially in the capital where is the exam location. I tried to contact GARP numerous times and even sent 3 emails ( 3 weeks ago) and still have not received an answer. The exam city location is considered a red zone and people are highly discouraged to enter these cities.(according to the offcial statements). I just don't know whether the exam will take place given the masive anti-records every day without even an answer from GARP?

VWJETTY

Couple more days fellas. I'm in Virginia but taking the exam in Washington DC. After all this, I do have my doubts about this organization as a whole. It's a lot less organized than the CFA Institute.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Does anybody know if the exam will take place in Bulgaria. We have a massive third wave especially in the capital where is the exam location. I tried to contact GARP numerous times and even sent 3 emails ( 3 weeks ago) and still have not received an answer. The exam city location is considered a red zone and people are highly discouraged to enter these cities.(according to the offcial statements). I just don't know whether the exam will take place given the masive anti-records every day without even an answer from GARP?
Any exams that have been postponed are listed here in GARP's announcements: https://www.garp.org/#!/important-notices and in the original post of this thread. They have not announced a postponement for Bulgaria.

Many people I spoke to confirmed that if you don't feel comfortable with taking the exam because of COVID safety concerns you can simply call GARP and they will immediately defer it to May 2021 free of charge. I don't know if this is the case for every country and venue, but I can imagine it might be worth a shot if you're concerned about safety.

Might be useful information for some of the people here. Be aware that this is a deferral to May and not January, meaning the content will probably be a bit different.

shuffleshoe
I already expressed my concerns about my safety and wrote 3 emails to GARP asking for deferral and I still have not received an answer...:(
Call them. There's no queues and they're very accommodating. You'll be finished in 5 minutes. The number is on the website (NJ headquarters), select the call option to list the whole directory and select option 1 for exams.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
UPDATE: OCT 20, 2020
NEW LOCATION ANNOUNCED FOR OCTOBER EXAMS IN ZURICH

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Zurich will still be administered on October 24, 2020, the Exams will occur at a different venue.

The new venue’s address is:
Hilton Garden Inn Zurich Limmattal
Kreuzaeckerstrasse 5
Spreitenbach, Switzerland CH-8957

You will need to reprint your admission ticket with the correct address by logging into my.garp.org.

NEW LOCATION ANNOUNCED FOR OCTOBER EXAMS IN THAILAND

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Thailand will still be administered on October 24, 2020, the Exams will occur at a different venue.

Conrad Bangkok
All Seasons Place 87 Wireless Road
Bangkok 10330, Thailand

You will need to reprint your admission ticket with the correct address by logging into my.garp.org.

NEW LOCATION ANNOUNCED FOR OCTOBER EXAMS IN NETHERLANDS (SITE A)

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in Netherlands (Site A) will still be administered on October 24, 2020, the Exams will occur at a different venue.

Mövenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Centre
Piet Heinkade 11
Amsterdam, Netherlands 1019 BR

Status
Not open for further replies.