2021 Exam Updates from GARP (for 2021 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubfrm

Guess Dublin exams will be cancelled as well. Computer based driving test ain't going ahead before 10th. Colleges are closed until September.

What would others say.

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Guess Dublin exams will be cancelled as well. Computer based driving test ain't going ahead before 10th. Colleges are closed until September.

What would others say.
I will make sure to post any announcements that GARP makes about Dublin. As of today, the only announcement they've made for Dublin so far is a change in the location of the exam.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: MAY 5, 2021
MAY FRM PART II EXAMS POSTPONED IN THE PHILIPPINES

Due to COVID-19 related regulations in the Philippines, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exam in that area. All candidates registered and scheduled for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the December Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to December. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

atulgupta150894

I had registered for FRM level 1 for July 2021 in January 2021. I had also booked the date and venue. For some reason, last month I received mail that the test centre is no more available. And when I checked into the Garp website, it says my registration has got expired. I mailed to [email protected]. They replied to reschedule my exam. But the option to reschedule was inactive for me. Now, it shows me the option to register again for November 2021 wherein I have to pay the fees again. I have been mailing to Garp repeatedly for the last 10 days, but not receiving any reply. What should I do?? Can I contact them somewhere else??

Tommccabe

What would others say.
I actually called the hotel yesterday - they said they couldnt confirm the exam would go ahead as they hadn't received any clarification from government. Ridiculous really but at this point I can only see the exam being postponed again. This would be my 4th postponement of level 2. As usual nothing from GARP...appalling treatment of candidates again.

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber
I had registered for FRM level 1 for July 2021 in January 2021. I had also booked the date and venue. For some reason, last month I received mail that the test centre is no more available. And when I checked into the Garp website, it says my registration has got expired. I mailed to [email protected]. They replied to reschedule my exam. But the option to reschedule was inactive for me. Now, it shows me the option to register again for November 2021 wherein I have to pay the fees again. I have been mailing to Garp repeatedly for the last 10 days, but not receiving any reply. What should I do?? Can I contact them somewhere else??
Hello @atulgupta150894

Have you tried all of the options on their contact page? There are phone numbers that you can call also instead of sending emails. Their contact page is here: https://www.garp.org/#!/about/contact-us.

Bluefox21

I actually called the hotel yesterday - they said they couldnt confirm the exam would go ahead as they hadn't received any clarification from government. Ridiculous really but at this point I can only see the exam being postponed again. This would be my 4th postponement of level 2. As usual nothing from GARP...appalling treatment of candidates again.

Guessing you are up the following week? I've Part One this Saturday and still heard nothing. Good idea calling hotel - might give that a try!

dubfrm

Guessing you are up the following week? I've Part One this Saturday and still heard nothing. Good idea calling hotel - might give that a try!
Govt should provide a view. Life is beyond pubs and summer holidays only

Last edited:

Nicole Seaman

Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: MAY 6, 2021
IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENT FOR MAY FRM PART II CANDIDATES IN MACAU

Due to local requirements regarding COVID-19, all candidates taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II in Macau on May 15, 2021 must complete a Macao Health Code prior to sitting for the exam.

Candidates must complete the form on their mobile device the morning of their Exam. Anyone who does not complete the form will not be able to sit for the Exam. Additionally, your temperature will be taken when you arrive at the venue. The venue will follow the guidelines put in place by the Centre for Health Protection. If you do not meet the temperature requirement, you will not be allowed to enter and sit for the Exam.

UPDATE: MAY 6, 2021
IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENT FOR MAY FRM PART II CANDIDATES IN CHINA

Due to local requirements regarding COVID-19, all candidates taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II in China on May 15, 2021 must complete a Health Statement.

Candidates must print the form, complete it in its entirety, bring it with them on exam day, and give it to their proctor during check-in. Anyone who does not complete the form will not be able to sit for the Exam will be required to pay the exam fee when they re-register.

Tommccabe

Yes Im due to sit the exam on the 15th but unfortunately I think the chances of it going ahead are somewhere between slim and none!

dubfrm

Exam on 8th and 9th should be the only concern. After 10th things will open up and hence 15th exam looks a strong possibility. They have emailed roll number or tickets already for 8th anyways.

Bluefox21

One item I've noticed that may be quite urgent @Nicole Seaman

For Part 1 this time I have been given an e-mail instead of an admission ticket. The e-mail however is based on my name as registered with GARP and not the ID I have provided for the exam! So my ID says John Joe Doe and my GARP name is John Doe which is what they have put on the admissions e-mail...

So my Part 2 ticket has a name that matches my ID and my Part 1 e-mail does not.... definitely a bug... my ID information when I log into GARP is accurate

Last edited:

cillianmccotter

@Bluefox21 I just checked (I'm due to sit P1 and P2) and mines is the same as you've stated above. Poor again from both PSI/GARP to have this slip through - imagine may need to ring/email PSI to explain/clarify? Thanks for flagging that too, I probably should have checked soon given how fussy GARP are on names..

ag222

Hello, does anyone have any news on Warsaw exam?? What conditions need to be fulfilled for GARP to run na exam or not?..

Bluefox21

Hi ag222, maybe call your exam centre who can advise?

Edited prior message as issue now resolved. Candidates should double check part 1 admissions e-mail as it may need amending (in some cases it omits middle name) and GARP can add you to an exceptions list.

@Nicole Seaman : Apologies for taking thread of topic! Spoke to Dublin exam centre who confirmed exam here is going ahead as scheduled.

Best of luck everyone and hopefully all goes ahead as planned. If unsure, contacting exam centre directly appears the way to go!

Last edited:

Tommccabe

Hi ag222, maybe call your exam centre who can advise?

Edited prior message as issue now resolved. Candidates should double check part 1 admissions e-mail as it may need amending (in some cases it omits middle name) and GARP can add you to an exceptions list.

@Nicole Seaman : Apologies for taking thread of topic! Spoke to Dublin exam centre who confirmed exam here is going ahead as scheduled.

Best of luck everyone and hopefully all goes ahead as planned. If unsure, contacting exam centre directly appears the way to go!
Best of luck bluefox and all other P1 candidates. I wasnt at all surprised P2 was postponed to December given local restrictions and the lack of confirmation from the host hotel. Hopefully the move to computer assessment means it will go ahead next time. Hopefully....

cillianmccotter

Best of luck bluefox and all other P1 candidates. I wasnt at all surprised P2 was postponed to December given local restrictions and the lack of confirmation from the host hotel. Hopefully the move to computer assessment means it will go ahead next time. Hopefully....
Not surprised at all Tom given the difference in P1 vs P2 venue/testing format of CBT vs Hotel - I expected this to happen actually. Extremely disappointing that GARP haven't a) facilitated CBT for P2 this May or even b) pushed the May exam out to June/July i.e. a much sooner date when restrictions would likely be eased. And how they can't give more notice to candidates that exams can't go ahead in the current climate is just beyond me. Really leading the way in terms of their professionalism I have to say!

Status
Not open for further replies.