2021 Exam Updates from GARP (for 2021 postponed exam updates only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommccabe

Not surprised at all Tom given the difference in P1 vs P2 venue/testing format of CBT vs Hotel - I expected this to happen actually. Extremely disappointing that GARP haven't a) facilitated CBT for P2 this May or even b) pushed the May exam out to June/July i.e. a much sooner date when restrictions would likely be eased. And how they can't give more notice to candidates that exams can't go ahead in the current climate is just beyond me. Really leading the way in terms of their professionalism I have to say!
Totally agree Cillian. I contacted GARP in February to try to get confirmation they would look at locations other than hotels to host the exam. I just got a very generic response...so frustrating to deal with

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: MAY 7, 2021
MAY FRM PART II EXAMS POSTPONED IN IRELAND

Due to COVID-19 related regulations in Ireland, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exam in that area. All candidates registered and scheduled for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to December. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

hasnorlot

GARP has not put out an announcement or sent an email yet for Malaysia May 15th exam but when I went to print out my admission ticket I was quite shocked to see the message "Please finish your exam setup before October 20." Admittedly we just got a movement control order announced for the capital yesterday but I did not expect that it would mean exam being cancelled. So bummed.

KaBu

Hello, does anyone have any news on Warsaw exam?? What conditions need to be fulfilled for GARP to run na exam or not?..
Hi, I'm wondering if part 2 exam will take place in Warsaw. I couldn't reach the test center. Current covid restrictions are difficult to understand and deduce what kind of activity will be allowed in a week. Lack of information is really confusing. I would appreciate if anyone could share any info.

Madellaine

Hi, I'm wondering if part 2 exam will take place in Warsaw. I couldn't reach the test center. Current covid restrictions are difficult to understand and deduce what kind of activity will be allowed in a week. Lack of information is really confusing. I would appreciate if anyone could share any info.
Hi,
have the same.. and hope that this time exam will take place. What exame site room do you have on your ticket (i have Ballroom)? I've checked that in mariott there are 18 conference rooms so maybe there is a chance once they split us into a few rooms.

KaBu

Hi,
have the same.. and hope that this time exam will take place. What exame site room do you have on your ticket (i have Ballroom)? I've checked that in mariott there are 18 conference rooms so maybe there is a chance once they split us into a few rooms.
Madellaine, you might be right. I have different exam site room name :)

ag222

Madellaine, you might be right. I have different exam site room name :)
Mine is Baltic ballroom. Do you refer to any new attendance dockets? As far as I remember, they were supposed to stay the same but honestly I did not check at my GARP account.
If this was the case that there were already different rooms prepared, and it was not enough previosuly, I wonder if this time would be.
It would be great to finally write the exam but on the other hand, this uncertainity does not help.

dubfrm

Exam did not take place at PSI centre. Received mail to suggest alternate MAY dates. Anyone else got impacted.

Last edited:

dubfrm

Exam on 8th and 9th should be the only concern. After 10th things will open up and hence 15th exam looks a strong possibility. They have emailed roll number or tickets already for 8th anyways.

Last edited:

pascalb

Hello, I have called the hotel in Montreal for confirmation and they have a construction company meeting as of now, no GARP! Does anyone else have news for Montreal.

Thank-you

Pascal

Exam did not take place at PSI centre. Received mail to suggest alternate MAY dates. Anyone else got impacted.

I read on the FRM subreddit that for the Amsterdam location the candidates showed up but no one from GARP. Apparently the location is closed on sundays.

Anyone else experienced the same thing? I'm worried because I have it next Sunday.

edit: I emailed the location as well, of course. Expecting a response tomorrow. Just curious if any members here already have more information.

Last edited:

Headfield

Regarding FRM exam in Frankfurt/Germany: To whom it might concern and to prevent numerous calls, some minutes ago I called NH Frankfurt Airport West and they confirmed that - at least from their side - the exam will take place as planned. There are no further requirements like a recent Covid-19 test or anything else.

This of course does not guarantee that there won't be a cancellation from GARP on short notice.

Update: You have to provide written evidence of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within 48 hours of their Exam

Update2: The statement of GARP just refers to FRM part 1 and ERP part 2, in addition to providing a test-center nearby that would be in Nieder-Eschbach, obviously not close to NH Frankfurt Airport West - no idea therefore if this also holds for FRM part 2 exams

Last edited:

ag222

Regarding Warsaw, I just called the exam venue (Mariott) to find out anything but they would not give ANY information.

Jay85

Regarding Warsaw, I just called the exam venue (Mariott) to find out anything but they would not give ANY information.
I was more successfull here. According to Mariott representative, their legal council assessed the event description received by them from GARP and confirmed that the exam can take place legally. Unless GARP decides otherwise, the exam will be conducted. IMO the local restrictions have not changed and it should be postopend again, but I am no legal expert...

Intbrok

I read on the FRM subreddit that for the Amsterdam location the candidates showed up but no one from GARP. Apparently the location is closed on sundays.

Anyone else experienced the same thing? I'm worried because I have it next Sunday.

edit: I emailed the location as well, of course. Expecting a response tomorrow. Just curious if any members here already have more information.
May I ask you in which city you take the exam?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber

UPDATE: MAY 11, 2021
NEW MAY LOCATION FOR BARCELONA FRM PART II EXAMS

While GARP's Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Part II Exams Barcelona will still be administered on May 15, 2021, the Exams will occur at a different venue.

The new address is:
NH Collection Barcelona Gran Hotel Calderon
Rambla Catalunya,26
Barcelona, Barcelona 08007
Spain

Candidates will need to reprint their admission ticket with the correct address. The old address (NH Collection Barcelona Podium) has been removed from candidates' portals and is roughly a 7-10 minute drive from the new address.

GARP is also actively monitoring Spain’s COVID-19 status and will continue to provide updates as the exam date approaches.

MAY FRM PART II EXAM POSTPONED IN BAHRAIN

Due to COVID-19 related regulations in Bahrain, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exam Part II in that area. All candidates registered for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the December Exam, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Please note: December's FRM Exam Part II will be administered via computer-based testing (CBT) and not paper and pencil. Candidates will need to select a date, time, and location for their new exam appointment within the range offered once the deferral is reflected on their Dashboard. Appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

MAY FRM/ERP EXAMS POSTPONED IN MALAYSIA

Due to COVID-19 regulations in Malaysia, GARP must postpone its upcoming May 2021 Exams in that area. These include the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) Exams Part I and II and the Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exam Part II. All candidates registered and scheduled for the May Exam will automatically be registered for the November/December Exams, which will be based on the same curriculum.

Candidates should allow some time for the exam window on their Dashboard to be updated to reflect this deferral to November/December. Once this is reflected on their portal, candidates must log in and schedule their exam appointment. As a reminder, appointments are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.

IMPORTANT SAFETY REQUIREMENT FOR MAY EXAM CANDIDATES IN FRANKFURT

Due to local COVID-19 requirements in Frankfurt, Germany, all candidates there taking the Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and Energy Risk Professional (ERP®) Exams in May 2021 must:
  • Wear an FFP2 mask upon arrival, during, and leaving the Exam
  • Have written evidence of a negative COVID-19 test (PCR or antigen) within 48 hours of their Exam
Note: There will be an official COVID-19 test station that administers free rapid antigen tests to candidates, with results available within 15-20 minutes. The station is a two-minute walk from your Exam center. Appointments are available Monday through Saturday and can be booked online.

Candidates who do not follow the instructions provided above will not be allowed to sit for the Exam and will be required to pay the exam fee when you re-register.

Status
Not open for further replies.