Exam Feedback FRM Part 2 (May 2015) Exam Feedback

JDGutzmann

Hello everyone, congratulations to all that passed and best of luck for those who have to try again!
I passed with 2-1-1-1-1 and I am feeling quite relieved and glad that the anticipation is over ;-)
Thanks to David, Nicole and everyone in the forum for all the help in preparation!
Johannes

tosuhn

hihi anyone facing problems submitting the 2 years work experience details?
I tried submitting but each time I saved it the start date jumps.

Let me know if yours is working well.

Thanks and regards,
Sun

marketmaker

Facing the same problem as you - I infact submitted it, then looked back to realise dates are wrong. Tried correcting it 3-4 times, with no success.
hihi anyone facing problems submitting the 2 years work experience details?
I tried submitting but each time I saved it the start date jumps.

Let me know if yours is working well.

Thanks and regards,
Sun

TK03

GARP wrote on May, the 17th:
"Your official exam result will be emailed to you on June 23, 2015."
I know that the results can be accessed on their website, but has anyone, nonetheless, received their results via email?

Nicole Seaman

Director of CFA & FRM Operations
Staff member
Subscriber
Passed too - how do I go about claiming the FRM designation? I have >2 yrs of relevant work experience.....

This is in the GARP program manual on their website:

Work Experience Requirements

Once you have passed both parts of the FRM Exam, in order to become a Certified FRM, you must then demonstrate a minimum of two years of risk-related full time professional experience in the area of financial risk management or another related field including, but not limited to: trading, portfolio management, academia, industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology.

Once you receive an email notification from GARP that you passed the FRM Exam, you will also be instructed as to how to provide your CV/Resume to demonstrate your professional experience as well as a brief statement describing how you manage financial risk in your day-to-day work. Your professional experience must encompass two years of full-time work experience. Experience completed for school will not be considered, including internships, part-time jobs, or student teaching.

You have five years from the date you passed the FRM Exam Part II to have your work experience verified, which you can complete online by submitting your professional
experience.

This is in the GARP program manual on their website:

Work Experience Requirements

Once you have passed both parts of the FRM Exam, in order to become a Certified FRM, you must then demonstrate a minimum of two years of risk-related full time professional experience in the area of financial risk management or another related field including, but not limited to: trading, portfolio management, academia, industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology.

Once you receive an email notification from GARP that you passed the FRM Exam, you will also be instructed as to how to provide your CV/Resume to demonstrate your professional experience as well as a brief statement describing how you manage financial risk in your day-to-day work. Your professional experience must encompass two years of full-time work experience. Experience completed for school will not be considered, including internships, part-time jobs, or student teaching.

You have five years from the date you passed the FRM Exam Part II to have your work experience verified, which you can complete online by submitting your professional
experience.
Based on this information, can we say that employment as a Research/Teaching Assistant during Ph.D does not qualify?

tosuhn

Facing the same problem as you - I infact submitted it, then looked back to realise dates are wrong. Tried correcting it 3-4 times, with no success.

Hi @marketmaker, what i did to get the correct dates was just to choose 1 day earlier from my actual dates and when i saved it, tho the date jumps, it is reflecting it accurately.
Hope it works for you as well :)

mary_ful

Subscriber
Thanks to Mary. I need to be hard up at least one or two grades. Hope will not miss again in Nov FRM Part II
I took 3 attemps in FRM II, last year I got the similar goals(2-3-4-4-3) as yours , this year I added Bionic Turtle materials(at first time purchased ) to make-up the 4 huge volumes +current issues with thousands of pages , of course, I got the passing of FRM II (1-3-2-3-2) due to luck enough.

Through my experience, I know you are passing of Nov. FRM II if not give up. No one knows what’s FRM II questions exactly. Per question not shown on FRMII twice

Only we can do the one way is that understand/ is familiar with 4 huge volumes + Blonic Turtle materials. after all, GARP test us how deep of FRM II we know

Following is my schedule

1. Per day I test daily questions of Blonic Turtle to increase my ability of guessing much tricky qualitative questions prior to work, after all, FRMII questions is not difficult, but too tricky.

2. Must study 4 huge volumes per page twice before test, whereby much simple qualitative questions you can get,

3. After studying one chapter of FRM II, I test the same chapter’s BT question set which is very useful

4. I can’t full-time study FRM II, so key chapters such as back test, stress test, correlations, related VARs methos…I study all BT’s questions set + spreadsheet+ study notes, otherwise FRM II handbook +BT’s questions set

Noted: MOCK exam not required to exercise if you have no time

5. It’s the most thing, prior to the day before FRM exam day, you must sleep 10 hours with a very clear brain to answer. Don’t think anything, just eat and sleep in bed.

Following is core reading my thoughts in past 3 attemps

--- long or complex formula not required to bear in your mind such as Merton / BS… caused by NOT testing in past 3 attempts of FRM II. Only 5%~10% of questions was quantitative, major falling with PD, BASEL, VARs.

FRM handbook+ BT’s questions set + spreadsheet+ study notes.

--- Back test(test twice) / Stress Test covered

--- BASEL III (in particular, on Liquidity (test third)

--- correlation related to all , such as options (test twice), CDS, option( test twice at least), (bilateral ) collateral . Writing down notes for correlations are a must.

--- CVA/ BCVA (third)

--- hedge fund such as due diligence, style ( third)

--- illiquid assets (once)

--- Repos (twice at least), OIS, LIBOR

--- VAR, SVAR, CVAR

Following is that I recalled the huge volumes of FRM II had been test.
Mark Risk

VaR and other risk measures

• Parametric and non-parametric methods of estimation

• VaR mapping

• Backtesting VaR

• Expected shortfall (ES) and other coherent risk measures

• Extreme value theory (EVT)

• Modeling dependence: correlations and copulas

• Term structure models of interest rates

• Discount rate selection

• Volatility: smiles and term structures

--- Chapter #1 QQ plots (test once)

--- chapter #2 non-parametric approach

on age-weighted HS, volatility-weighted HS, correlation-weighted HS (once), FHS(once)

--- Chapter #3 POT, GE V, Conditional EVT, multivariate EVT (once)

--- chapter #4 back testing VAR (twice), BT’s noted must study

--- chapter #5 VAR mapping (once)

--- chapter #6 square-root of time scaling

+ time varying volatility in VAR, FHS, EWMA (combined test twice)

Endogenous or exogenous liquidity (once)

SRM (once)

Unified v.s. compartmentalized risk measurement (once)

Top-down approach (once)

ES, GPD

--- chapter #7 some correlation basics (once)

--- chapter #8 empirical properties of correlation

--- chapter #9 statistical correlation models

on person correlation formula, sparman, kendall formula

--- chapter #14 CIR (twice)

--- chapter #16 OIS (once)

--- Chapter #20 volatility smiles (chart once)

Credit Risk

• Credit analysis

• Default risk: Quantitative methodologies

• Expected and unexpected loss

• Credit VaR

• Counterparty risk

• Credit derivatives

• Structured finance and securitization

--- chapter #2 the credit analyst (once)

--- chapter #3 default risk : quantitative methodologies (twice)

--- chapter #5 credit and counterparty risk (once)

--- chapter #6 Spread risk and default intensity models

on quantitate questions

--- chapter #10 netting, compression and termination features

on mitigating counterparty risk (once)

--- chapter #11 Collateral

on CSA (twice)

--- chapter #12 credit exposure

on expected future value/ expected exposure (once), EEPE, related charts

Credit exposure and collateral (once), repo and overcollateralisation

--- chapter #13 default probability , credit spread and credit derivatives (third)

On Quantitate questions

--- chapter #14 CVA

on all CVA’s charts, threshold CSAs and independent amounts (once-way CSA, two-way CSA) (twice)

--- chapter #15 wrong way risk

BCVA+ CSA (twice)

--- chapter #18 securitization

on credit enhancement/ support (once)

--- chapter #19 cash collateralized debit obligations

on following one is balance sheet CDO, arbitrage CDO, cash flow CDO, structure CDO

--- chapter #20 understanding the securitization of subprime mortgage credit

on ABS / corporate bond (once), subprime MBS (once)

Operations

--- boards, CEO, senior mangers’ responsibilities (twice at least, not simple)

--- ERM (once)

--- RAF/ RAROC

--- EC and capital allocation

--- stress test

--- chapter #18 & 19 BASEL (third)

--- chapter #2 ERM (once)

--- chapter #5 capital modeling

SA+BA (twice)--- 3 years gross income

--- chapter #6 operational risk supervisory guidelines for AMA

on severity/ frequency (twice), ES, GPD for severity of losses

--- chapter #8 structured credit risk

r(1+r)^n / (1+r)^n -1 (once)

--- chapter#10 liquidity and leverage (twice)

on funding liquidity risk, transaction liquidity risk, market liquidity

System risk and plumbing

--- chapter #11 repurchase agreements and financing (twice)

--- chapter #12 observation on developments in RAF (once) and IT infrastructure (once)

--- chapter #13 capital allocation and performance measurement (twice)

--- chapter #14 range of practices and issue sin EC

EC must study, table of comparision of risk aggregation methodologies (once)

--- chapter #16 stress test (once)

Risk and investment management

‧ Risk budgeting

‧ Hedge fund

--- chapter #1 portfolio construction

on QP (once)

--- chapter #2 portfolio risk :analytical methods (once)

--- chapter approaches to risk metrics and hedging single-variable regression – based heding

on formula (once) at page #182-183

--- chapter #3 VAR and risk budgeting in investment management

On risk budget/ hedge fund, SAR(once), page #42 pension funds (once)

Sponsor risk (once), risk budgeting (once)

--- chapter #4 risk monitoring and performance measurement

On risk budget

--- chapter #5 portfolio performance evaluation

on market timing (once), bogey (twice)

--- chapter #6 illiquid assets (once)

---Chapter #7 hedge funds (third, not be simple)

--- chapter #8 performing due diligenc eon specific managers and funds

on hedge funds due diligence (once, simple)

--- chapter #12 portfolio risk : analytical methods

Page #27 best hedge – quantitate question (once)

Next year, give me a message here. Good luck to you

mary_ful

Subscriber
I must work for life daily, am gonna do it in this weekend, will provide you next week. In fact, you two just need to be hard up one or two grades will pass NOV FRMII
Hi Aenny, I posted on edmondclchou, next year give me a message here, Good luck to you, cheer up