FRM Part One Study Group Ireland 2020

cillianmccotter

I think P1 CBT has a better chance of going ahead given the different testing sites and dates etc. but honestly couldn't call P2. I had a look yesterday on the GARP portal and apparently the venue for P2 is the same Crowne Plaza Santry as where the new Hotel Quarantine is taking place?! I also emailed PSI on P1 and they said as of now it is scheduled to go ahead, but GARP have an extremely poor track record in terms of cancelling exams at the 11th hour. You could be correct @Parsimony but I dunno - just have a bad feeling one or both could end up being postponed.

cillianmccotter

Just realised now that CFA L1 went ahead back in February - run by Prometric (similar type outfit to PSI), and apparently higher education was deemed an acceptable reason at the time to travel outside the 5km restriction.. interesting.

Parsimony

Interesting thoughts. I'm hoping this new Level 5 is treated differently to January's Level 5. And I'm wondering if exams outside Dublin could go ahead even if Dublin was cancelled...

dubfrm

Next week announcements will be made. Driving test are still closed until 3rd. If they do not open it for thoru test,, exam will follow the same route I guess. Gonna be touch and go.

Parsimony

Dublin venue changed from Crowne Plaza. Guess they are trying to make it go ahead by at least having a venue that is not under the control of the Army.

Bluefox21

Going to be really interesting - my exam is still scheduled for the 8th and I've received all of the reminders etc.

Can anyone download their admission ticket yet? It's ridiculous really that you need a printed copy in this day and age. I don't have a printer and my office is closed - not going to be easy to get it printed especially if they only give us a couple of days

dubfrm

Going to be really interesting - my exam is still scheduled for the 8th and I've received all of the reminders etc.

Can anyone download their admission ticket yet? It's ridiculous really that you need a printed copy in this day and age. I don't have a printer and my office is closed - not going to be easy to get it printed especially if they only give us a couple of days
I suspect exam will go ahead. Driving license exam ain't started in Dublin either. Colleges are closed as well

dubfrm

At least for 8th and 9th dates. Level 3a applies from 10th May which may allows exams not before that.

In 2020 Oct level was Level 3. Not sure what was level in Dec'20

Bluefox21

At least for 8th and 9th dates. Level 3a applies from 10th May which may allows exams not before that.

In 2020 Oct level was Level 3. Not sure what was level in Dec'20

I would have thought at this stage it will have to go ahead - or else it is very poor form from GARP.

Computer based so should be quite manageable. Saying that I am still optimistic it will go ahead

dubfrm

I would have thought at this stage it will have to go ahead - or else it is very poor form from GARP.

Computer based so should be quite manageable. Saying that I am still optimistic it will go ahead
Driving test are also not going ahead before 10th. Also, level is 3a which does not permit it, guess it was same in Dec.

Rest who knows. Assume it is going ahead.

Parsimony

Dubfrm, you say Level 3a does not permit it. In your previous post, you say Level 3a may allow it. I am confused.

dubfrm

Dubfrm, you say Level 3a does not permit it. In your previous post, you say Level 3a may allow it. I am confused.
I re read the directions. Level 3a is not permitting colleges to open and hence this revised comments. Apologies. I wish exam takes place and it is done for good.

Govt is silent. Strange pubs opening takes the focus and higher education is last on update list

nc27

For those who can pass the exam, have you received the admission ticket mail .... I did not receive anything for the moment .. (@Nicole Seaman I do not know if this is the good thread to post this message)

Last edited:

Bluefox21

I don't think you get a separate ticket - if you read the email you just print the e-mail.

FWIW - I have an e-mail for Part 1 and an admission ticket (available via GARP website) for Part 2.

Still at about 50% confidence that it will go ahead (Part one is this Saturday)

nc27

I have written an email to garp yesterday, they reply today (very quick answer) ... I had received my ticket when I registered for the exam to my personal mail box with the title "Thank youk you for scheduling your Financial Risk Manager Part 1 Exam with PSI" ..... all candidate must print this email in order to get access to exam room! ...

I just assumed that the whole process would be identical to the 2020 exam with an exam ticket published to your garp account but be careful that is not the case anymore !!!! If you do not show up with this printed mail on your exam day you will not get access to the exam room

Last edited:

Parsimony

Bluefox, if your exam is on Saturday then surely they would have have told you by now if it was cancelled? Less than 48 hours to go? Good luck.