FRM results for November 19, 2011 exam posted

Quest4FRM

I too passed L2 with 11112... Congrats to Mcarthur and Jiew Kwang also...based on the forum discussion we had after the exam, i actually did expect all of us to pass :) waiting for AG to post now..

MWhTrader

Thanks BT,

Passed Part 1 (1121) and 2 (12222) in one go. Your materials were immensely helpful in compressing the course into a manageable size, especially since I signed up for the FRM part 1 and 2 on Oct 1, 2011. So it is possible to pass part 1 and 2 in 2 months, while working full time at a trading firm. I really can't thank David and rest of BT enough.

Thanks

Brian

CFAajay

Cleared Part I,
3 x 1st Quartile
1 x 2nd Quartile

Thanks for all the support.will enrol for Part 2 soon..

AG

Passed L2... Market/Credit/Ops/Investment/Current Issues - Q1/Q1/Q1/Q1/Q3

Thanks David, Suzanne & fellow BT members..

ILDAR KHUDAY

Passed both levels in the first attempt after only 40 days X 24 hours of preparation!!!!)))) BT, you are the magicians!)))

Greetings from Russia,

vv

cleared L1(2/1/1/2) & L2(2/1/1/3/1) in my first attempt :)
Thanks David & everyone here at BT!

Anand Jhanwar

Thank you very much David and your world. I used to visit your site for valuable information and would like to credit you as well on my success in L-2.... It was 1/1/2/1/2 win :) Thank you very much once again.

Hi David & BT team,

All this time, I held myself to post here but kindly allow me to share my story today.

By interest, I love valuation side of finance. Thus, am a CFA candidate and pursuing the same. However, recently I moved to Market Risk domain in career thus thought to pursue FRM.
Being CFA candidate and working guy, I straight away relied on my best buddy till date; Schwezer notes, oblivious to what is happening in FRM prep arena. Little did I realize that FRM and CFA preps. are different and it can be possible that Schwezer might not be best in all.
Since during CFA prep, Schwezer material was so much helpful that I never thought beyond it.

After swearing by it and following it religiously for 3 months when I was ready for the exam, just at the fag end of my preparation, since I had some time, thought to stroll over net and look howz everyone else doing out there. Only then I came to know about Bionic Turtle. When I took, the Schwezer exams, I was so confident of my prep. but when I took FRM mock exams, I was totally flummoxed.
I was doing good in basics but when it came to solving practical questions or when concept was tested in depth, I was clueless.
Shell shocked, I went into panic mode and that's when Bionic turtle came to my rescue. It was just 2 weeks before the exam so buying material wouldn't have made much sense so I turned to You tube and watched as much videos as possible. It was just learning and learning.

Well, the more I watched the videos, the more I realized how tangential my preparation was. I realized contrast to CFA, FRM is much deeper and it tests not the definition but real application which was totally not covered in Schwezer material as it still carries hangover of CFA exam. It hell scared me but then 2 weeks of thorough analysis of all videos, gave me that last minute punch. I kicked myself for such blind faith but more importantly ignoring such an awesome material, more from knowledge perspective.

I really liked the sincerity of David and team, about whole approach of exam and beyond. Had you not shared some videos on You tube, it could have been disaster for candidates like me. I realized how beautiful knowledge sharing can be.

One thing which attracted me the most about David and BT material is that it really fascinates you towards learning the material from practical purpose and not just as an exam clearing machine. The testimony to the fact is that I applied some of the learning in my work too, such was the magic.

Well news is, I too cleared FRM-level-1 in my first attempt with 3/4 score in first quartile.
Lesson learnt and now am more informed for Level-2 prep. :)
Last word from my side would be, since BT material is mostly online I feel Schwezer is still useful to get the basics and to have some physical books by your side which IMO to be used as complementary with irreplaceable indepth knowledge of David's videos.

Thanks a ton David!

Cheers,
Anshul
Consultant -Risk

PS: This post is not to undermine Schwezer material or spread any negative info. about it. Schwezer is an awesome guide for CFA exam but for me in case of FRM prep, it simply didn't work as only independent guide.

Suzanne Evans

Congratulations to each and every one of you whom have passed. Those of you whom did not, please do not lose sight of your goal. Continue your preparations and try again next time. Thanks to everyone for the feedback that you have provided our team. We take bionicturtle.com very seriously and will do our best to implement changes where appropriate.

Thanks,
Suzanne

Imad

Hi David & BT team,

All this time, I held myself to post here but kindly allow me to share my story today.

By interest, I love valuation side of finance. Thus, am a CFA candidate and pursuing the same. However, recently I moved to Market Risk domain in career thus thought to pursue FRM.
Being CFA candidate and working guy, I straight away relied on my best buddy till date; Schwezer notes, oblivious to what is happening in FRM prep arena. Little did I realize that FRM and CFA preps. are different and it can be possible that Schwezer might not be best in all.
Since during CFA prep, Schwezer material was so much helpful that I never thought beyond it.

After swearing by it and following it religiously for 3 months when I was ready for the exam, just at the fag end of my preparation, since I had some time, thought to stroll over net and look howz everyone else doing out there. Only then I came to know about Bionic Turtle. When I took, the Schwezer exams, I was so confident of my prep. but when I took FRM mock exams, I was totally flummoxed.
I was doing good in basics but when it came to solving practical questions or when concept was tested in depth, I was clueless.
Shell shocked, I went into panic mode and that's when Bionic turtle came to my rescue. It was just 2 weeks before the exam so buying material wouldn't have made much sense so I turned to You tube and watched as much videos as possible. It was just learning and learning.

Well, the more I watched the videos, the more I realized how tangential my preparation was. I realized contrast to CFA, FRM is much deeper and it tests not the definition but real application which was totally not covered in Schwezer material as it still carries hangover of CFA exam. It hell scared me but then 2 weeks of thorough analysis of all videos, gave me that last minute punch. I kicked myself for such blind faith but more importantly ignoring such an awesome material, more from knowledge perspective.

I really liked the sincerity of David and team, about whole approach of exam and beyond. Had you not shared some videos on You tube, it could have been disaster for candidates like me. I realized how beautiful knowledge sharing can be.

One thing which attracted me the most about David and BT material is that it really fascinates you towards learning the material from practical purpose and not just as an exam clearing machine. The testimony to the fact is that I applied some of the learning in my work too, such was the magic.

Well news is, I too cleared FRM-level-1 in my first attempt with 3/4 score in first quartile.
Lesson learnt and now am more informed for Level-2 prep. :)
Last word from my side would be, since BT material is mostly online I feel Schwezer is still useful to get the basics and to have some physical books by your side which IMO to be used as complementary with irreplaceable indepth knowledge of David's videos.

Thanks a ton David!

Cheers,
Anshul
Consultant -Risk

PS: This post is not to undermine Schwezer material or spread any negative info. about it. Schwezer is an awesome guide for CFA exam but for me in case of FRM prep, it simply didn't work as only independent guide.

You are right as I believe Scheweser is not enough to pass FRM.

Valentin

I passed Part I. I read the official curriculum, and the Schweser notes. The BT notes were not sufficient for an absolute beginner in FRM like me. But till now I was sceptic on the on-line training concept. I'm not any more. Most of the time I silently read forums, postings and solved David's practice problems & questions. The team spirit, the feeling of belonging to a community that BT gave me is really marvellous. David & Suzanne, congratulations for this achievement !

Next for me is CFA Level II. I'll be back for the Novemeber FRM Part II.

Best wishes to all !

first attempt at L1 and didn't pass :( congrats to those who did!!
am a little frustrated as I thought I had a good amount of questions/answers right but I guess I was wrong.

AG

I don't know if this is the right forum to write a testimonial for BT, but I'm gonna do it anyway....

"What makes BT so different from other commercial training providers is the fact that David's heart is totally into it.... With other training providers one can never find the personal touch.

David's sincerity reflects in the top class materials - spreadsheets, videos, a compact set of study notes and above the bar question sets.

What complements this entire package is the forum. For whatever question or conceptual clarification I posted, I invariably got a reply from David within 12 hours. That's a big plus given the fact that just before the exam you keep discovering more shortcomings with ur understanding, and at that point you desparately need someone to help you out.

By far the best training provider.

I'll post my quartiles just to make a point that BT is a brilliant source and not to brag abt my scores...
L1 - Q1-Q1-Q1-Q1 and L2 - Q1-Q1-Q1-Q1-Q3

W/o BT the above line up would not have been possible."

Hend Abuenein

I agree with Imad & Anshul.

I recommended BT today to a friend who depended on Schweser alone but didn't pass. I told him he needs the extra challenge of the practice questions David writes.
Now that I know, that's the way I'm going to do part 2.

benj

Just joined BT after failing L2 lamentably under the auspices of Schweser. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.
I know I will have more help from BT.
Benj.