FRM results for November 19, 2011 exam posted

Vitalii Patenko

Passed Part 2. Thank you David and BT team! Your study materials are really great!!! Practical tests were especially good and helpful (even better than the GARP's :).

arcturius

Hello everybody, Hello David,

First of all, I would like to thank David and Suzanne for such a great work. In my opinion BT is definitely the best FRM education website available: good quality of materials, good support, and good general attitude. Thank you!

I have passed P1 (1111) and P2 (21213) in one day on my first attempt. Of course, some part of the success must be attributed to luck. It wasn't easy, but it's worth it.

A little bit about my background: I don't have financial education, although I had prev. experience in risk management. I have graduated from one of state technical universities in Moscow long time ago, so now I had to learn many financial concepts from scratch.

I estimate my preparation time of about 400 hours in total. I used only BT materials in my preparation. In my understanding the most important thing in preparation is David's practice questions. They are the best. I understood that it is totally not enough to just listen/read/watch a topic. Although I think it is a good starting point.

As for my ideas on how to speed up the learning process, I did just one thing. I have compiled and printed three A0 posters of formulas and put them on the wall in my room. Then I was amending them by hand with all subtle details regarding FRM that I have grasped from practice questions. In the end I had a wall of formulas that I used to quickly brush up my memory on all topics. I hope some of newcomers may find the idea useful.

Again, I would like to thank David and Suzanne! You are doing the great job!

Best regards,
Pavel.