Exam Feedback November 2019 Part 1 Exam Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

randrema

I remember it was future o

I have the blue book and I remember the question was what is the probability that the stock price decreased less than 40? My answer was 62.5.

I do remember less than 15. Moreover, the probability than the stock price decreased less than 40 is 100% because less than 40 means decrease will be between 40% and 0%. But if decrease is less than 40% but above 15%, then the probability would be 62.5%. If the decrease is less than 15 (ie 15% to 0%) the probability would be 37.5%.
But I may be wrong.

wool

I do remember less than 15. Moreover, the probability than the stock price decreased less than 40 is 100% because less than 40 means decrease will be between 40% and 0%. But if decrease is less than 40% but above 15%, then the probability would be 62.5%. If the decrease is less than 15 (ie 15% to 0%) the probability would be 37.5%.
But I may be wrong.
makes sense...subjectively the probability of the price drop near the 'current market price' will be higher than that's far off...don't know what thoughts plagued me to land at 62.5%:eek:

Indrahui

Did your answers match with the options, cause I did sqrt but still didn't get the answer... The answer of the other one was. 0077mostly

Naresh Nayak

I remember reading this" for European options, the binomial model converges on the Black-Scholes formula as the number of binomial calculation steps increases. "
No the option read time period increasing between each step it didn’t say steps increasing as per what I remember. So I went with constant even though I had no clue about it :p

Last edited:

Fisuca

One other question which really bugs me about Information Criteria. One option was BIC is asymptotically efficient and one answer options was MSE is biased if i remember correct. I put MSE is biased, because from what i know BIC is asymptotically consistent, not efficient..thats also what i found when i did research...but in the Bionic notes i think i is written that BIC is indeed asymptotically efficient...
So kind of confused...

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 24

Indrahui

One other question which really bugs me about Information Criteria. One option was BIC is asymptotically efficient and one answer options was MSE is biased if i remember correct. I put MSE is biased, because from what i know BIC is asymptotically consistent, not efficient..thats also what i found when i did research...but in the Bionic notes i think i is written that BIC is indeed asymptotically efficient...
So kind of confused...
Sic is not assymptotically efficient.. So I also marked mse option

Status
Not open for further replies.