FAQ After Exam Work Experience Verifying Time

amanjain026

Hi..just wanted to provide update on my work ex approval. I got approval from GARP today. I submitted my work ex in Dec 2020 and I followed-up with them on the status last week. Thank you all for sharing your sucess on this page. I think it's a game of more patience and things will fall in place. Just a quick question- do I need to confirm my mailing address anywhere on my profile or the address I have added in profile is all sufficient ?

mattheweidinger

Hi everyone,

I went the e-mail route and got certified earlier this morning. :)

• Passed FRM 2 in Jan - results received February 16 2021.
  • Work experience submitted February 15 2021 due to a glitch in the GARP FRM system, which permitted me to submit work experience one day prior to receiving official pass results.
  • I e-mailed GARP member services yesterday and provided some context. I am moving to UK for a masters degree this summer and would like to have the FRM letters alongside my name as I start the program. I was humble, sympathetic, but also expressed my frustration with the whole process as well.
  • At around 9AM today, I received an e-mail confirming my certification was completed and would be mailed to my address in GARP's online system next month. The digital badge was also included.

In the end, it appears that the "light touch, but firm grip" e-mails to GARP do indeed work. However, I suspect that the opportunity for a quick turnaround may be lessened if everyone e-mails GARP with the same purpose in mind. It wouldn't be long before this opportunity is "arbitraged away" as more candidates catch on... ;)

Last edited:

aerp

Hi everyone,

I went the e-mail route and got certified earlier this morning. :)

• Passed FRM 2 in Jan - results received February 16 2021.
  • Work experience submitted February 15 2021 due to a glitch in the GARP FRM system, which permitted me to submit work experience one day prior to receiving official pass results.
  • I e-mailed GARP member services yesterday and provided some context. I am moving to UK for a masters degree this summer and would like to have the FRM letters alongside my name as I start the program. I was humble, sympathetic, but also expressed my frustration with the whole process as well.
  • At around 9AM today, I received an e-mail confirming my certification was completed and would be mailed to my address in GARP's online system next month. The digital badge was also included.

In the end, it appears that the "light touch, but firm grip" e-mails to GARP do indeed work. However, I suspect that the opportunity for a quick turnaround may be lessened if everyone e-mails GARP with the same purpose in mind. It wouldn't be long before this opportunity is "arbitraged away" as more candidates catch on... ;)
congrts and good to know that GARP has started processing work ex requests from candidates in the Feb-result batch.

xiang91

Received my results in Jan 21. Literally replied to the email from [email protected] titled “Confirmation of CV Submission” with the following content and got certified in 3 working days.
”I’ve submitted my CV on _____ after receiving my Part 2 results. May I know the status of the submission? Appreciate your response.”

mattheweidinger

How long did it take everyone to receive their physical certificate from GARP after it was mailed out? Considering there were delays in both the examinations and work experience verification times - due to COVID - should we expect something similar here?

jsnichols11

How long did it take everyone to receive their physical certificate from GARP after it was mailed out? Considering there were delays in both the examinations and work experience verification times - due to COVID - should we expect something similar here?
December 4 - submitted work experience
February 1 - called to follow-up
March 4 - called to follow-up
March 22 - received approval notification via e-mail
April 20 - received certificate via UPS

for_you_be

Note from Nicole: I moved all of the posts regarding 2020 work experience verification to this new thread. I created this new thread because our Work Experience Verification thread is really getting filled up with complaints about GARP and the verification process for 2020 during the pandemic (which is not the normal process). We want members in the future to be able to go to the verification thread and read through comments about the normal verification process, and the current thread is becoming very unhelpful. We ask that you please keep all 2020 discussions about work experience verification in this thread. Thank you.

Are there any guys who applied recently or at least this year after COVID-19? It is said that verifying time will be pretty long due to epidemic. I passed examination 2019 May but just submitted my experience late last month, just as soon as I obtained my two years experience. My workmate said one of her friend submitted on mid Aug took more than two months but had not been approved yet. Hope any one could share your experience.
1. My work experience due date is May 2021

2. I submitted my 2-year work experience in August 2020

3. I keep mailed for reminder and at 3rd March 2021, GARP said to revise my work experience

4. I revised my work experience at 5th March 2021

5. Their review has delayed

6. A few years ago, I found my program was lapsed.

7. I mailed GARP for this thing and they said they can do nothing.

Does it make sense????? Now I may have to pass FRM again because of the delayed process of GARP.

David Harper CFA FRM

David Harper CFA FRM
Subscriber
Hi @for_you_be What do you mean by "6. A few years ago, I found my program had lapsed"? Do you mean your GARP membership lapsed (how would that be relevant?), or do you mean the five years lapsed?

GARP's rules include, from the FAQ (https://www.garp.org/frm/frequently-asked-questions) ie.,
Candidates have five years from the date they pass the FRM Exam Part II to submit their professional experience or else they will have to retake the Exams and re-enroll in the program as a new candidate.
Do you mean that the five years lapsed, and that's what they said they can do nothing about?

nc27

One doubt that I have, do we have to join the GARP membership in order to get the FRM designation and to use it later one (as for the CFA charter). Thanks if you have any information

1624378829478.png

mattheweidinger

One doubt that I have, do we have to join the GARP membership in order to get the FRM designation and to use it later one (as for the CFA charter). Thanks if you have any information

View attachment 3292

No. My membership expired and I never renewed it. Yet, after passing part 2 in January, having work EXP. approved in April I received my FRM designation and appear in the charter/designation database.

thanhtam92

how should I submit the work experience? just like your most recent job? and do we need to list in details all the work projects that we've worked on.

Prometey

I've passed Part II and now is waiting for WE approval.

Got an email from the membership service (asked about a website glitch allowing to submit WE on July 11 (day before official results were released))
Thank you for your inquiry. All Submissions are handled in the order in which they are received and treated equally.

Your work experience is still under review. Once experience has passed or failed, you will receive an email with this confirmation. They typically average 8-10 weeks from the time its submitted.

We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

Haven't they extended the average from 4-6 weeks to 8-10 weeks?
Has anyone (who submitted WE on 11th July or later) got approval?

Last edited:

mattheweidinger

how should I submit the work experience? just like your most recent job? and do we need to list in details all the work projects that we've worked on.
Detail your experience in as many jobs that cover 2 years (or more) of RM. Make sure it is detailed enough so that the committee doesn't have to scratch their heads and ask "Does this person actually work in RM or just in finance in a general sense?!"

ivan.jarmanovic

just checking in on the "CV-verification-front": anybody got an approval so far? I dropped an e-mail to the customer service but got a plain-vanilla answer

Prometey

GARP said, "submissions are handled in the order in which they are received and treated equally".
Now it's been 4 weeks since my submission which took place in early morning on 11th July

Looks like they haven't started yet. Not cool

Last edited:

Headfield

Got my confirmation some minutes ago. Provided CV details due to this "glitch" very early and sent an email a week ago.

CFA, CAIA, FRM.

That's enough I guess.