Chapter 18. Mortgages and Mortgage-Backed Securities Practice Question set contains 46 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Describe the various types of residential mortgage products.
* Calculate a fixed rate mortgage payment, and its principal and interest components.
* Describe the mortgage prepayment option and the factors that influence prepayments.
* Summarize the securitization process of mortgage backed securities (MBS), particularly formation of mortgage pools including specific pools and to-be-announceds (TBAs).
* Calculate weighted average coupon, weighted average maturity, single monthly mortality rate (SMM), and conditional prepayment rate (CPR) for a mortgage pool.
* Describe the process of trading of pass-through agency MBS.
* Explain the mechanics of different types of agency MBS products, including collateralized mortgage obligations (CMOs), interest-only securities (IOs), and principal-only securities (POs).
* Describe a dollar roll transaction and how to value a dollar roll.
* Explain prepayment modeling and its four components: refinancing, turnover, defaults, and curtailments.
* Describe the steps in valuing an MBS using Monte Carlo simulation.
* Define Option Adjusted Spread (OAS), and explain its challenges and its uses.Shop Courses