Chapter 6. Hypothesis Testing Study Notes contains 35 pages covering the following learning objectives:
* Construct an appropriate null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis and distinguish between the two.
* Differentiate between a one-sided and a two-sided test and identify when to use each test.
* Explain the difference between Type I and Type II errors and how these relate to the size and power of a test.
* Understand how a hypothesis test and a confidence interval are related.
* Explain what the p-value of a hypothesis test measures.
* Construct and apply confidence intervals for one-sided and two-sided hypothesis tests, and interpret the results of hypothesis tests with a specific level of confidence.
* Identify the steps to test a hypothesis about the difference between two population means.
* Explain the problem of multiple testing and how it can bias results.
After reviewing these notes on Hypothesis Testing, you will be able to apply what you learned with practice questions.Shop Courses