Tuckman, Mortgages and Mortgage-Backed Securities is a 45 minute instructional video analyzing the following concepts:
* Describe the various types of residential mortgage products.
* Calculate a fixed rate mortgage payment, and its principal and interest components.
* Describe the mortgage prepayment option and the factors that influence prepayments.
* Summarize the securitization process of mortgage backed securities (MBS), particularly formation of mortgage pools including specific pools and TBAs.
* Calculate weighted average coupon, weighted average maturity, and conditional prepayment rate (CPR) for a
* Describe a dollar roll transaction and how to value a dollar roll.
* Explain prepayment modeling and its four components: refinancing, turnover, defaults, and curtailments.
* Describe the steps in valuing an MBS using Monte Carlo Simulation.
* Define Option Adjust Spread (OAS), and explain its challenges and its uses.